Review and Questions thanks to Debasish Mukherjee (mjunction-the Tata Track winners)
On a wet & windy Saturday afternoon all roads led to the GD Birla Sabhaghar to witness the 6th edition of the TATA crucible quiz. Hundreds of quizzing aficionados landed up at the venue to witness a nerve wrecking evening of quizzing
As usual we started off with a 25 question prelim after which 6 teams were selected to appear in the internal track of quiz. The teams that qualified for the internal track were TCS 1,Virgin mobile, TCS 2 ,TCS 3(represented by 4 time national champion Sabyasachi Chandra & 2 time National winner Biswabijoy Sen), mjunction services limited & TCS 4.After a stiff competition mjunction represented by Debasish Mukherjee & Subasis Dey emerged the winners defending their title in the process. TCS 1 represented by Sudip Kalyan Dey & Abhishek Das were the runners up.
In the external track that followed the teams which qualified for the finals were CTS, Telegraph, Vizag Steel, R.B.I ,Standard Chartered Bank & Electro zavod. In a low scoring final the teams were all bunched together before the last round where Vizag Steel represented by Rahul Jayanti & AGK Murthy surged forward with 2 breathtaking answers. Vizag Steel have now won this quiz 5 times in a row. Truly an outstanding achievement. Telegraph represented by Rishin & Devdan Mitra had to remain content with second spot for the second year in a row.
The prelims questions were as follows
1.Which management guru of Indian origin has emerged as the most influential management guru in times of recession?
1. Ram Charan
2. In which landmark building is the restaurants XEX, Diamond tony & shin ye located?
2. Taipei 101
3. Which landmark was designed by David Rockwell of the Rockwell group & is now owned by the CIM group?
3. Kodak Theatre
4. Term for standardization , efficiency & productivity coined as a pun on a major fast food chain?
5. Book cover-Rationality & Freedom written by
5. Amartya Sen
6. Why was 1964 called the year of the tiger on madision avenue?
6. Esso-Put a tiger in your tank
7. Which Actor joined Hindi service of BBC in 1939 after taking the blessings of Mahatma Gandhi.
7. Balraj Sahni
8. Bhiwadi produces 70% of this countrys production of this item.It alleviates pain.What?
8. Dental chair for dentist
9.Which brands mascot is shepton dash?
10.Pic- Micheal Dell
11. Which media groups venture into Internet is called firefly e ventures?
11. HT group
12. Which company has tied up with the US Govt in a venture to identify missing children?
13.Which company has overtaken saregama to be the largest music company in India?
14. Warran Buffets quote on how ———— could be a source of endless losses?
15.Pic- Rajat Gupta
16.Tied up with SBI for maintainance of 1200 ATM’s.
17.Brand Ambassador of Asian heart institute?
17. Akshay Kumar
18.Which film had a hotline in which you could abuse the lead characters?
18. Dev D
19.Name of lottery game in IPL?
19. Six up
20. New Brand launched by Frito lays ?
21.NIIT has tied up with which company to provide training to future BPO employees
22. Something to do with a networked world?
23.Which bank has issued credit cards to only 100 persons in the world?
24. Ad-Bank of India
Questions from other cities below: