Arunav Chanda from DPS, Ruby Park reviews the Limca Book of Recirds – Kolkata Edition and provides the questions from the Quiz. Review taken from Gyaan.in
Brand Equity Quiz 2011 | National Final
Commenting on the finalist teams, O’Brien said: “The top four were a fresh bunch of teams who have never won before. Indeed, favourites like Savoir Faire from Mumbai, TCS Mumbai, and Accenture Delhi, hardly put up a fight and were out of contention. The TCS Kolkata team were early favourites of the evening and they did not disappoint the crowd.” O’Brien attributed the success of the winning team to their knowledge of India and international news.
Being regular participants in the weekly round of quizzes at TCS, Das and Dey considered their counterparts from TCS Mumbai and Bangalore to be their closest competition. Regular exposure to all possible questions and keeping in touch with knowledge was the mantra behind TCS Kolkata’s success. Commenting on the same, the winners said: “Reading regularly is important because of the range of subjects covered in the Brand Equity Quiz is not something one can prepare for.”
Das and Dey walked away with a Mahindra Mighty Muscular Scorpio each, the winner’s trophy, and over Rs.1.5 lakh worth of prizes. They received their prizes from Himanshu Kapania, MD, Idea Cellular; and Vivek Nayer, Sr. VP Marketing (automotive sector), Mahindra & Mahindra; along with Bhaskar Das, President, BCCL. Infosys Pune came through as the runners-up in the event, for which they received the trophy from Sashi Shankar, CMO, Idea Cellular.
A number of audience members were also gratified with prizes like a washing machine, microwave oven, tablets, mobile phones, wrist watches and biggest of all, a home theatre system, for correctly answering questions.
Brand Equity Questions 2011- Chennai Edition
In its 20th year, the Brand Equity Quiz went classic with a complete blast from the past inspired by old ads! The 2011 edition kicked off with Chennai. This year finalists were provided with smartphones to google answers in the first round! In the end, CRISIL won the quiz and will represent Chennai in the National Finals !
You can follow the action of Brand Equity in all other cities here
But for now, the questions
Brand Equity Questions – Chennai 2011 Prelims
1. Blinding edge picture Indian origin director in Hollywood owns it ? MN Shyamalan
2. What was created to promote Catalina swimsuits ? Miss Universe Contest
3. What is the maximum amount that can be sent on a single telegraphic transfer is it 1000 2000 5000 10000? 5000
4. Most sold car in India in 2010 – Santro Figo Alto? Alto
5. What in spore is solund under the name thosai ? Dosa
6. What is the motif on the chola kingdom coins ? Tiger
7. St Andrew , Kelvin , Onassis & Victoria are ways to tie what – Bandana , Tie , G String, Shoe lace? Tie
8. Which country received the second largest spasm in 2010 after US ? India
9. Cricketer nicknamed punter? Ponting
10. If you are using oyster card for local travel which country will you be traveling – Kolkata, London, Melbourne, Delhi? London
11. USD 9 billion has been spent to eradicate which disease and which still cost 1 billion yearly – Polio , Malaria , Influenza? Polio
12. Which queen asked MF Hussain to paint 99 arab conversation in canvas? Queen of Qatar
13. National inventors day celebrated for whom in US? Edison
14. INC president nephew of Karuppiah nadar worked in his textile business? Kamaraj
15. Aish biggest paycheck ? Robot
16. India ______ recycling sector has 9000 cr revenue & employs 3 million people – Glass , plastic , cowdung? Plastic
17. In 2002 jobs.com was bought for $ 800,000 who bought it? Monster.com
18. In I sakthisalt what does I stands for? Iodine
19. Who gets ahigher salary rajya sabha mp or loksabha mp or is it equal? Both equal
20. Whose followers are called the merrymen? Robinhood
21. Logo of BCCI
22. Poster of Mechanic? Jason Statham
23. Where is Jules verne restaurant? Paris Eiffel tower
24. Audio – Bryan Adams
25. Audio – Bill gates
26. What is the actual profession of Perry Mason? Lawyer
27. Written is collaboration with MS Krishnan “The new age of innovation “was written by? CK Prahlad
28. Who is the hindu god who is a maker of Ornaments ? Viswakarma
29. ______ awaas yojana was started in 1985? Indira
30. Firefox is name and has the resemblance to which animal ? Red Panda
Alos, find below some Brand Equity Questions from the Chennai Finals
Brand that says sweetest place on earth ? Hersheys Latin word Augeo Auctus means to increase? Auction Kadi, Jwala , Kashmiri are commercial name of a commodity? Mirchi Connect between Current English Cricketer and Swarowski crystals? Graeme Swann and it’s the logo of swarowski
If you are participating in any other cities, we’re sure these questions will give you a heads up on the preparation required.
For those who want to have a look at the previous years’ Brand Equity questions, follow the links below
A thorough read through previous editions’ Brand Equity Questions will definitely give participants a good direction to prepare for their city finals.
And if you are not looking just for Brand Equity Questions but a good guide to Prepare for Business Quizzes and other business quizzes, you must read the 20,000+ downloads famous – A Definitive guide to prepare for a Business Quiz
And while you’re at preparation, previous Tata Crucible Questions would also help
Brand Equity Quiz 2011
Earlier this year Derek O Brien through his Twitter handle announced that the Brand EquityQuiz wouldn’t happen till June 2011 pushing from the standard March-April schedule.
Quizzers were skeptic about this year’s edition considering a push into the last 5 months of the year, but here it is : The Biggest, Oldest and Grandest Business Quiz in the country – Brand Equity Quiz is Back!!
Sweeping through 9 cities in just a fortnight, registrations are now open for Brand Equity Quiz 2011!
Brand Equity Quiz Dates
Bangalore : September 12
Hyderabad : September 13
Kolkata : September 14
Chandigarh : September 19
Ahmedabad : September 21
Pune : September 22
Mumbai : September 24
To participate, SMS BEQ <space> EMAIL ID to 58888 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Huge registration fee? Not sure if you should participate?
Have a look at the questions from the last few years and know how you stand!!
And how better to prepare than browse the entire Brand Trivia & History list available FREE of Cost!!
Some Questions from Brand Equity Quiz archives
- Which of the following was also a village official in ancient/medieval India? Lele/Karmarkar/Kulkarni (Kulkarni)
- Paul Krugman says that he became interested in _________ after reading the Foundation series by Isaac Asimov in which scientists use the study of psychohistory to sane civilization from disarray. (Economics)
- In 1930, 2 tolas of what product were auctioned for Rs. 525/- to Seth Ranchhod Shodhan, a mill-owner of Ahmedabad? (Salt from the Dandi March)
- A _______ brand is a lower priced offering launched by a company to take on specific competitors that are attempting to under-price them. FITB (Fighter)
- In order to retain Mumbai as it’s capital, Maharashtra paid a compensation of Rs. 56 Crore & 300 villages to which state? (Gujarat)
- What is the main flavor in the drink Kahlua? (Coffee)
- For the promotion of what movie did it’s lead actors ring the Opening Bell at the NYSE? (My Name Is Khan)
- Launched in 1910, which type of biscuits is named after a French family? (Bourbon)
- According to some management guru, the best quality inspectors need to have a _______? Core Skill/Suit/Conscience (Conscience)
- What modern item of clothing is the contribution of the residents of the Sumer Islands? (Bermuda Shorts)
- In 1894, a Mississippi businessman named Joseph Biedenharn used to travel up & down the state selling Coca Cola. He is now recognized as the first official _______ (7 letters) of Coca Cola? (Bottler)
- A 17th century English inventor of the seed drill lends his name ______ ____ (2 words) to a famous British rock group. FITB (Jethro Tull)
- In what currency would you need to buy a ticket if you wanted to see the tomb of Tutankhamen? (Egyptian Pound)
- Many companies use the colour ____ in their color schemes/branding because this colour traditionally represents purpose, peace, water, stability, cold, etc. FITB (Blue)
- Which U.S. state is the world’s largest producer of raisins? (California)
- What is the most famous work of an individual named Bhagwan Rampure from Solapur? (BSE Bull sculpture)
- In 2009, what did Forbes magazine identify as the ‘fastest-appreciating sports business on earth’? (Indian Premier League)
- Who did Kalpana Chawla credit as being the inspiration for her interest in aviation? (JRD Tata)
- According to research, which Asian country is the highest originator of internet scams & phishing? China/India/Japan/Pakistan (India)
- Which company acquired the rights to a famous painting for advertising purposes & later changed it’s name to the title of the painting? (HMV)
- Visual; id the person >>> Pic of a clean-shaven guy against the backdrop of a flaming red car bonnet profile with a snazzy headlight showing. (Dilip Chhabria)
- Visual >>> Logo of BCCI
- Visual >>> Pic of a roadside eatery with the logo showing but name blanked out, id. (Bade Miyan, behind the Taj Hotel, Mumbai)
- Visual >>> Pic of a robotic dog, identify the name. (AIBO)
- Visual >>> Poster of a Hindi movie showing Ajay Devgan with a cigarette dangling from his lips, Viveik Oberoi, Manisha Koirala, Mohanlal, etc. Id the movie (Company)
- Thomas Friedman got the idea for the title of his book ‘The World Is Flat’ from an interview with whom? Nandan Nilekani/Azim Premji/Ratan Tata/Rahul Bajaj (Nandan Nilekani)
- Peter Drucker has said that ________ is the only major occupation of man for which we have not yet developed tools that make an average person capable of competence and performance. Farming/Teaching/Accounting/Advertising (Teaching)
- In 1944, a set of proposals for the development of the post-independence economy of India called the Bombay Plan was published by John Mathai, JRD Tata & which other prominent Mumbai industrialist? (G.D. Birla)
- In 2006, what was created by Biz Stone, Evan Williams, Jack Dorsey, and others with the working name “Status” for a while? (Twitter)
- Sumantra Ghoshal has classified what/who into 4 types: Purposeful, Detached, Frenzied, Procrastinators? (Managers)
If given a choice, would you participate in a Brand Equity Quiz or Tata Crucible , let us know here ?
BQC: Bournvita Quiz Contest
Update as on 1st August 2011: So, its official!! Bournvita Quiz Contest will be back on Colors from 14th August 10:30 -11 am.. Surprisingly, Derek will have Soumya Tandon as co-Quiz host for the show! Don’t remember Ms Tandon? She is Kareena Kapoor’s ‘sister’-Roop in Jab We Met and recently hosted Zor Ka Jhatka with SRK!
The Quiz will be for students of Class 7 and Class 8.
I have multiple times shared with friends and clients how I started my Quizzing career and how closely associated Bournvita Quiz Contest is to my Quizzing Life today and I am sure BQC has been an integral part of the lives of most readers of this post..
History of BQC
The Cadbury Bournvita Quiz Contest started way back in 1972 as a live quiz show that was across cities in India, later moved to being a radio and TV show. The original hosts were Hamid Sayani and his brother Ameen Sayani. But undoubtedly, the most famous host has been Derek O’ Brien.
The show was taken off air a few years ago but wait!! IT IS BACK!! Bournvita Quiz Contest is Back!! This time on Colors at 10:30 am on Sundays!
Bring Back BQC
The Bring Back BQC campaign was started on Facebook by 19 yr old Rahul Sethi and it kick started an online movement with over 150,000 fans today!!
The immense response from the public caught the attention of Cadbury’s and they’ve decided to bring back Bournvita Quiz Contest!!
This is indeed a great victory of Quizzing as I personally believe that BQC and KBC (Kaun Banega Crorepati) are the shows that took quizzing to the public.. Stay tuned for more updates as Derek and friends bring back India’s biggest student quiz back!!
About the Author: Rohit Nair is the Chief Editor of Quizzing.in and the co-founder of QuizWorks – one of India’s leading Quiz Companies. You can get in touch with the author here: Facebook || LinkedIn || Email ||Website
Share with us your special stories attached with BQC!!
Host: LIBA, Chennai
Part of: Chrysalis ’11
Flavour: Business Quiz
Date: 26th February 2011 (1700 hrs)
Quizmaster: Derek O’ Brien
Open to: ALL
Official Site: http://www.libachrysalis.com
Binu Varghese- +919543335299
Multiple Quizzes : The Biggest being New Age Alchemists by Derek..
So, what are the Quizzes:
1) The New Age Alchemist: The Big Quiz by Derek
2) Bharat Darshan- The India Quiz
3) New Balls Please – The Sports Quiz
Fest: Chaos ’11
Where: IIM, Ahmedabad
When: Jan 20th – 23rd 2011
Official Website for IIMA Chaos here