Tata Crucible Questions 2012- Trichy Campus
Questions from all the cities of the 2012 Campus Edition here
Anand Babu, one of the finest quizzers in the country and a Quizzing.in patron for ages reviews and shares questions from the Trichy Edition. We would also like to congratulate Anand as he and his teammates successfully won the Trichy Edition and are now all ready to win the Grand Prize of Rs 4 lakhs!
Review and Tata Crucible Questions by Anand Babu
The Second edition of Tata Crucible, Trichy was held today. We were amazed to see the large number of teams that turned out(Pickbrain mentioned that the count was 192 and it was more than double the count of last year). It was so large that we did not get seats in the hall. We were then made to sit on the dias on the chairs where the finalists were supposed to sit. At that time, we dint know it was a harbinger for what was going to happen later in the day.
Tata Crucible Questions – Trichy Campus 2012
As usual there were twenty questions. Please find the prelims questions below.
1) On 31 December 1600, the Queen granted a Royal Charter to “George, Earl of Cumberland, and 215 Knights, Aldermen, and Burgesses” to start a company. Which one?
2) What was developed by TL Williams inspired by his sister Maybel ?
3) Identify the automobile brand from the logo given. (Italian)
4) Which popular TV actress produced TV serials in 1990s through her production house named ‘Saraswati Audio Visuals’? (Pickbrain gave a clue saying her husband also belongs to the film industry ).
5) Which company consumes 80% of the vanilla produced in the world?
6) Who company is associated with the Bombay Burma Trading Company some 141 years back? (As given)Options given were Aditya Birla group, Wadia group, Reliance group
7) Who authored the book ‘Idea Man’ in memoir of his famous friend? (Pickbrain gave a clue saying it is related to the IT industry ).
8) What packaging innovation has Sundrop done for its product named Slimlite?
9) Which company was originally started as Anglo-Persian oil company in 1909?
10) Which two Pakistani cricketers have started restaurant in dubai named ‘Meat One’?
11) Which is the first product from Dabur that was labeled an ayurvedic medicine?
12) An print ad for a brand. This guy’s pic was there.
13) To which country does ETESCA telecom company belong to? The telecom operations were started there only in 2008.
14) Which famous painter designed the Ash Tray in Air India? He signed in it as SD.
15) What is the name given to the middlemen involved in the defense deals(especially in the navy)?
16) Identify the person or company to which he belongs to. He is the heir to a very big conglomerate.His company entered formula one through the Indian Grand Prix.
17) Which famous business man was the Treasurer of Indian National Congress in 1933?
18) A very famous ad featured the following personalities – Albert Einstein, Bob Dylan, Martin Luther King, Jr., Richard Branson, John Lennon, Buckminster Fuller, Thomas Edison, Muhammad Ali, Ted Turner, Maria Callas, Mahatma Gandhi, Amelia Earhart, Alfred Hitchcock, Martha Graham, Jim Henson, Frank Lloyd Wright and Pablo Picasso. Which ad?
19) Which car was used as the ‘Intervention vehicle’ in Indian Grand prix?
20) He was the former head of IDBI. He is more famous for his book named ‘ The immortals of Meluha’. Who is he?
Tata Crucible Questions – Trichy ANSWERS :
1) British East India Company 2) Maybelline 3) FIAT ( was tricky) 4) Jaya Bachchan(Many wrote Hememalini)
5) Coca Cola 6) Wadia Group 7) Paul Allen 8) Cooking Spray 9) British Petroleum 10) Saeed Anwar and Inzy
11) Dabur Hajmola 12) Gilette 13) Cuba 14) Salvador Dali 15) Sharks 16) Jaypee Group 17) Jamanlal Bajaj
18) Apple 19) Mahindra Scorpio 20) Amish Tripathi
After this, 6 teams were called on to the stage for the Heats(tribute to olympics). The teams included 2 sastra teams, NIT, Our team(BIM) and 2 others. There were 6 questions on tie-breaker. They were relatively much simpler. Some of them were:
1) ‘French Connection period’ – who is it associated with?
2) How do we better know the ‘International Bank for Reconstruction and Development’?
3) What was unique about Ford until 1925?
At the end, We and Sastra team 1 qualified for the finals. The defending runners-up made a blunder in the last Q and had to go out.
Then the top four teams were announced. We were in for a shock because the defending champions from Sastra were not there in the list. Anyways, the final six teams were:
BIM, SASTRA 1,IIM Trichy, NIT and SASTRA 2
Some of the questions from the finals:
1) Katan, Cora, Georgette and Shattir: Connect these with something in India that is soon going to get a Geographical Indication.
2) In the early 1900s, Wilbur Chapman, impressed by Missionaries of Charity sermon about Lepers, wanted to help them. He sold his pet named Pete and donated the amount. This catched up among the people and something started. What are we talking about?
3) Connect: a student who has completed the third year of the mathematical tripos with first-class honours, a car of Chrysler, a profession of handling animals, especially horses and cattle.
4) Which legend in 1992 donated $100,000 to the university of California to popularize a course on censorship in cinema and videography?
5) Who is the author of the book “A Fist full of Rice”. He is the face of a particular industry in india.
6) Which brand of toothpaste did Anchor buy from John Oak Remedies in 2007?
7) What is the name of the longest train in india from Cochin to Dibrugar?
8) With which legendary cartoonist would you connect Laugh-o-gram?
9) Identify this Indian settled abroad. He is going to inherit a huge sum from his father.
10) The person in the image below is Frederick August Bartoli. What is he famous for?
11) Identify this person who has revolutionized a sector in India.
12) Identify her
13) Connect: ASDA, SEITYU etc
15) For which brand of watch does Dhoni appear in advertisements?
ANSWERS for Finals Questions:
1) Banaras Saris 2) Piggy Bank 3) Wrangler 4) Hugh Hefner 5) Vikram Akula 6) Forhans
7) Viveka Express 8) Walt Disney 9) Vanu Bose, son of Amar Bose 10) Statue of Liberty
11) VG Siddartha of CCD 12) Christine Lagarde 13) Walmart 14) Nestle Kitkat 15) Titan Sonata
It was a very closely-fought quiz with three teams having a chance to win championship. We(Anand Babu and Vignesh from BIM) came out on top in the end. NITians were the runners-up. For a fledgling quizzing city like Trichy to have close to 200 teams was an achievement in itself. Pickbrain was quite pleased with it as well. All the best!!!
Definitely clear that a lot of content is from the past Pickbrain/ Crucible archives and we strongly believe that you will do well if you dig into the previous years’ Crucible quizzes and some Current Affairs!!
So, don’t forget to go through the archives and Be Prepared for the next quiz!
If you are participating in any other cities, we’re sure these questions will give you a heads up on the preparation required.
For those who want to have a look at the previous years’ questions, follow the links below
The format of Tata Crucible Questions has been simple throughout – a mixture of current affairs dry questions, visuals, heads of companies, trivia from old sites/blogs/quiz groups.
A thorough read through previous editions’ Tata Crucible Questions will definitely give participants a good direction to prepare for their city finals.
And if you are not looking just for Tata Crucible questions but a good guide to Prepare for Tata Crucible and other business quizzes, you must read the 20,000+ downloads famous –A Definitive guide to prepare for Tata Crucible
You can attempt Tata Crucible Questions from the Student Edition 2011 on a brand new customized platform. Dont just read, PARTICIPATE!