Tata Crucible Questions 2012- Coimbatore Campus
EXCLUSIVE: Coimbatore FINALISTS say participating in QuizWorks quizzes helped them. Around 10 questions asked in the Coimby edition was seen by them previously!
Akshay Jyotishi shares with us the questions from the Coimbatore edition of the Tata Crucible Campus 2012
Review and Tata Crucible Questions by Akshay Jyotishi
Coimbatore produced one of the best Campus Crucible’s so far as teams displayed amazing aptitude and fighting spirit resulting in edge of the seat entertainment and brought the city to life on a Sunday afternoon. Earlier in the day, over 120 teams took the prelim from which the following six teams made it to the final.
IIMK represented by Madanish and Siddhartha won the Quiz ( Review , image and info from the official TC website : tatacrucible.com)
Tata Crucible Questions – Coimbatore Campus 2012
As usual there were twenty questions. Please find the prelims questions below.
1) Thomas rented out horses in the seventeenth century in cambridge. When hiring out of cambridge , he would do so in his particular order. What common phrase was derived from this related to choices.
Ans:-Hobson’s Choice …. His name was thomas hobson.
2) This company’s name translates to All Lion in italian. It’s former name was Manz Wear Pvt. Ltd. (Hint: It is part of the future group)
Ans:- Burger King
4) In the movie rain man , Dustin Hoffman says “_________ never crashed “ and refuses to board any other airline. What airline is he referring to?
5) _________ coefficient is a measure of equality. At 0 it means absolute equality and 1 is gross inequality.
Ans:- GINI coefficient
6) This product was first launched as Mum in 1888. It’s tagline was “A girl’s best friend is her mum”. What product is this?
Identify the man who founded this group . (Hint: Tamil origin, controversial)
Ans:- Raj Rajratnam
8) The Bali Brassiere Company was founded by Sam and Sara Stein in 1927, originally called the FayeMiss Lingerie Company. The company’s best-known product has been the ________ . (Hint: It’s a wonderful product.)
9) The Jain Family headed by Mr. D.K. Jain started Siddhomal and Sons, a paper and newsprint trading organization in 1923. They revolutionised movie viewing in India. They are a big name in the multiplex industry.
10) This company is more known for their pain relief product . They acquired fruitnik which is a fruit drink in 2011. Which company.
11) Lasalgaon and Pimpalgaon in maharashtra produce a commodity that could affect election results and is kept under observation during elections. Which commodity?
Identify the product.
13) Venture capital firm who’s name has a tamil root. They funded Hector Beverages,SKS Microfinance,Manipal Universal Learning,and Ace Creative Learning. It is run by a very well respected indian . Identify the person or the firm.
Ans:- N.R. Narayana Murthy / Catamaran
14) This hotel group runs Cortyard hotels .. (Choices Hilton/ Marriot/ Hyatt)
15) __________ originated via the partnership of scientist Samuel Ruben and businessman Philip Rogers Mallory, who met during the 1920s. This cell was made on the premise that it lasts longer.
16) It was created by a merger of two British insurance firms, Norwich Union and CGU plc. “It means spring or revival in hebrew”. What?
17) Connect Skoda to the abominable snowman.
18) The RBI building in Delhi is guarded by Yaksha and Yakshini . They are the assistants of which god in Indian mythology?
19) The _______ saga is a book about the collapse of which company. It has a foreword by Kiran Karnik.
Ans: Adam Smith
Definitely clear that a lot of content is from the past Pickbrain/ Crucible archives and we strongly believe that you will do well if you dig into the previous years’ Crucible quizzes and some Current Affairs!!
So, don’t forget to go through the archives and Be Prepared for the next quiz!
If you are participating in any other cities, we’re sure these questions will give you a heads up on the preparation required.
For those who want to have a look at the previous years’ questions, follow the links below
The format of Tata Crucible Questions has been simple throughout – a mixture of current affairs dry questions, visuals, heads of companies, trivia from old sites/blogs/quiz groups.
A thorough read through previous editions’ Tata Crucible Questions will definitely give participants a good direction to prepare for their city finals.
And if you are not looking just for Tata Crucible questions but a good guide to Prepare for Tata Crucible and other business quizzes, you must read the 20,000+ downloads famous –A Definitive guide to prepare for Tata Crucible
You can attempt Tata Crucible Questions from the Student Edition 2011 on a brand new customized platform. Dont just read, PARTICIPATE!