Tata Crucible Questions 2012- Jamshedpur Campus
Krishan Kumar from Jamshedpur reviews the Jamshedpur Tata Crucible Campus 2012
The 2012 Campus Edition of the Tata Crucible Quiz kicked off in Jamshedpur with around 90 teams participating in the prelims. The top 4 teams were selected directly from the prelims while the 5th and 6th team were selected from the Wild Card entry. XLRI had a monopolistic rule here as all 6 teams were from the same college and only two teams could go through to the Regional final.
The Wild Card questions were basically content asked in the previous editions’ Tata Crucible Questions
After the prelims and wild card questions, the Top six teams on stage were:
1 Chinmay and Sanchit from XLRI
2 Partha and Abhishek from NIT ROURKELA
3 Debjit Roy and Pranshu from BIT MESRA
4 Ankit and Deepanjan from XLRI
5 Sumit and Deepak from NIT JAMSHEDPUR
6 Mrityunjay and Ulaganath from XLRI
In the end, Ankit & Deepanjan from XLRI won the Jamshedpur Edition of the Tata Crucible Campus 2012 with a huge margin while a question on Dimple Kapadia decided the tiebreaker between XLRI team 2 and BIT Mesra which was won by Mrityunjan & Ulag from XLRI..
Below find the prelims questions and some of the questions asked in the finals
We will update the Crucible winners and Tata Crucible Questions from various cities here, so don’t forget to bookmark this link
But for now,
Tata Crucible Questions from Jamshedpur Campus 2012
1. What term was popularized by an Intel lawyer to define companies who were trying to “make a lot of money off a patent that they were not practicing “ and had no intention of practicing in future as well. Ans: PAYROLL from Patentroll
2. Ho Re Ca is a market segment in a certain industry. What does the term Ho Re Ca stand for? Ans: HOTELS RESTAURANTS AND CATERING
3. Visual of a management guru.
Ans: MICHAEL PORTER
4. Which Indian businessman founded the venture capital firm INVESTMENT CORPORATION OF INDIA in 1937? Ans: JRD TATA
5. Which Pepsico brand’s logo bears a face that is believed to have a similarity to Benjamin franklin? Ans: QUAKEROATS
6. What began as a toy balloon manufacturing unit from a small shed in Tiruvolluyur, an industrial suburb north of Chennai in 1946? Ans: MRF
7. visual clip of a stock certificate of the INTERNATIONAL MERCENTILE MARINE CO. THIS FIRM IS KNOWN FOR INVESTING IN SOMETHING FAMOUS …. WHAT? Ans: RAISED FUNDS FOR THE TITANIC
8. What does I in CIVETS STAND FOR? Ans: INDONESIA
9. Which Indian airline would you associate the frequent flyer programme “ flying returns”? Ans: AIRINDIA
10. The initial idea to set up this bank was floated in 1870 by Adelbert Delbuick and Ludwig Bamberger.. Which bank? Ans:DEUTSHE BANK
11. This French company dropped the alphabet h from its name in 2007 in certain languages as x followed by h was difficult to pronounce.. Which firm? Ans: SODEXO
12. Who holds the copyright for “an inconvenient truth”? Ans: Al Gore
13. What was formed in 1971 as European Management Forum? Ans: WORLD ECONOMIC FORUM
14. How do we know “the hyperintelligent , superconnected pack of serial entrepreneurs “ who left Paypal after its initial days and are now a powerful group in the Silicon Valley? Ans: PAYPAL MAFIA
15. Which company’s secret formula would you associate with the Stepan company? Ans: COCA COLA
16. Identify the media giant
17. with which shoe company would you associate the city Zlin? Ans: Bata
18. In keeping with the global philosophy of continuos development of community , this company in association with SONY ENT TELEVISION launched its education programe SHIKSHA? Ans: PROCTOR & GAMBLE
19. With which brand would you associate Maryland born Edmund Mcllenny? Ans: TABASCO
20. visual of Gary Kasparov playing chess with a computer.. Name the firm and the computer? IBM N DEEP BLUE
Tata Crucible Questions Jamshedpur Wild Card
1.Namhu odaya and Kusakahora founded which company
2. Who owns the brand Duracell?
Ans: Proctor & Gamble
3. With which group would you associate Rajvillas?
Ans: THE OBEROI GROUP
4.Josephin Dixon in 1921 invented what for his wife who had regular cuts and burns in the kitchen?
5. Ambipure is owned by whom?
Ans: GODREJ SARALEE
Tata Crucible Questions from Jamshedpur Finals
The finals consisted of five rounds. All rounds had simple scorings without the previous edition hassles of Powerplays and other such stuff.
‘PICKBRAIN mentioned that it was the insistence of the students from their feedback forms that had forced them to keep things simple’ and as we read it – ‘It Just dint work!!’.
The rounds were as follows
1. SMARTER WORLD ROUND: +10 for direct and pass; No negatives – Dry Questions
2. SHARPER WORLD ROUND: +10 for direct and pass – Mainly Image questions
3. TATA WORLD: 4 questions about the Tatas
4. LATERAL WORLD: World famous Connect round!
5. FASTER WORLD: 3 clue round with +15, +10, +5 and same negatives!
Some of the Questions from the Finals are inline:
1.This as created in 1982 in new delhi and was inaugurated by Mr Rajeev Gandhi in 1984..it was a multicrore brand and was shut a few years ago..identify this symbolic representation of india
2. The darpa project funded a project ADAPTIVE DATA RETRIEVAL and this led to CALO. How is CALO better known in india?
ANS: APPLE 4S I SIRI PROJECT
3.ROHIT SURFACTANTS started off with humble beginnings. today it holds a 2400 crore conglomerate business..which is its most famous product
ANS: GHADI DETERGENT
4.What was started in 1918 by WALTER when he asked for 12 ford model T ‘s IN EUROPE?
ANS: HERTZ CAR RENTAL
5. Which Indian company sued suhel seth for dematory tweets against it?
6.Who is defined by THE UNIVERSAL EXPORTS COMPANY as their most n proficient field leg
ANS: JAMES BOND (universal exports is a fictional co)
Definitely clear that a lot of content is from the past Pickbrain/ Crucible archives and we strongly believe that you will do well if you dig into the previous years’ Crucible quizzes and some Current Affairs!!
So, don’t forget to go through the archives and Be Prepared for the next quiz!
If you are participating in any other cities, we’re sure these questions will give you a heads up on the preparation required.
For those who want to have a look at the previous years’ questions, follow the links below
The format of Tata Crucible Questions has been simple throughout – a mixture of current affairs dry questions, visuals, heads of companies, trivia from old sites/blogs/quiz groups.
A thorough read through previous editions’ Tata Crucible Questions will definitely give participants a good direction to prepare for their city finals.
And if you are not looking just for Tata Crucible questions but a good guide to Prepare for Tata Crucible and other business quizzes, you must read the 20,000+ downloads famous –A Definitive guide to prepare for Tata Crucible
You can attempt Tata Crucible Questions from the Student Edition 2011 on a brand new customized platform. Dont just read, PARTICIPATE!