What: ‘IQValence‘ – An Open General Quiz, as a part of the ICT Annual Fest Manzar
When: Sunday, February 05, 2012 | Time: 11 AM | Teams of 2
Where: ICT Campus, Nathalal Parekh Marg, Matunga, Mumbai, India 400019
Why This Kolaveri: Cash Prizes worth >Rs.25,000/-; loads of Audience Prizes!!!
Research & Content: www.QuizCorp.biz | QuizMeister: Meghashyam Shirodkar
For the Trivia Gods & the Answer Nazis; all ye Gee-Kay Geeks & Factual Fanatics; calling every Knowledge Knight & Data Devil…come pit your wits against the best of the best…cudgel those lil grey cells & wrack ’em brains as we quiz you on everything & anything…and when the dust settles, walk away with some really cool winnings – if you are indeed the last team standing in what promises to be a cracker of a Quiz!!!
The competition’s Open, the flavour’s General & the battle shall be no-holds-barred…come the first Sunday of February 2012, will YOU have it in you to join the fray???
Mark your calendars!!!
Event’s Facebook Page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Manzar-ICT-Mumbai/151007478267109?sk=app_6009294086
1. In the period 2004 to 2008, more than 5000 Chinese families named their new-born children ‘Aoyun’, of which 92% were male babies. What does ‘Aoyun’ mean in Chinese?
2. According to statistics, the character who has appeared in the most number of movies so far is Sherlock Holmes (223). Who comes a close second with 217 movies (and counting!)?
3. In 1995, what did Outlook magazine humorously describe as “The biggest sex-change operation in Independent India”?
1. ‘Aoyun’ means ‘Olympic Games’ or ‘Olympics’ in Chinese. Since the 2008 Olympics were held in Beijing, there was a fad for naming babies after the Games!
3. Renaming of Victoria Terminus to Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus!