Cere-Brate: The Open Business Quiz Prelims
FMS Fiesta Prelims — Presentation Transcript
CERE- CERE-BRATE: THE OPEN BUSINESS QUIZ PRELIMS
- Who was sued by tobacco-to-hospitality major ITC Ltd has for Rs 200 crore for what the company alleges are defamatory tweets and newspaper articles against ITC and its chairman, YC Deveshwar?
- What was launched by Henry Luce in 1936 that caught the spirit of America via vivid photojournalism?
- Who is the author of the following books?
- Something for the Weekend
- The Naked Chef
- The Return of the Naked Chef
- Happy Days with the Naked Chef
- __________ Kitchen
- __________ Dinners
- __________ Italy
- Cook With __________: My Guide to Making You a Better Cook
- Identify the author.
- The Honorable Sir Charles Kuen was awarded half of the 2009 Nobel Prize in Physics for – “groundbreaking achievements concerning the transmission of light in ___________ for __________communication.”
- Since its founding, Barcelona has never worn corporate advertisements on their shirt. On 14 July 2006, the club announced a five year agreement with UNICEF, which includes having the UNICEF logo on their shirts. The agreement has the club donate €1.5 million per year to UNICEF via the FC Barcelona Foundation. Barcelona ended their refusal of corporate sponsorship in the 2011–2012 season, having signed a five-year €150m deal with?
- __________ isn’t a noun, it’s a verb, and it’s what Amazon has done in the targeted direction of Google. This is the first shot in the new war for replacing the Internet with a privatized merchant data- aggregation network. -Chris Espinosa
- Advertising slogan for the device: “Easy to learn, Easy to work, Easy to play“. Identify the device.
- At a meeting of Harvard’s Faculty of Arts and Sciences, faculty members voted with an “overwhelming majority” to remove two economics courses – Quantitative Methods in Economics and Business and Economic Development in India and East Asia – that were taught by him at the three-month Harvard Summer School session. Identify the teacher.
- Identify the advertiser.
- Identify the person.
- Which company was named after the name of the founder, Shojiro Ishibashi and comes from a calque translation and transposition of his surname?
- As of July/August 2011, there were exactly 9.0 million downloads every day, also 158 developers reached over 1 million downloads for their Applications. On May 16, 2011, it was announced that the ‘door’ will be shut for this brand and the services will be rebranded under the main/ parent brand. Identify both the brands.
- Born as Robyn __________ Fenty, she has sold more than 20 million albums and 60 million singles which make her one of the best selling artists of all time. Identify her.
- Identify the web based application.
- Identify the common surname. Cosimo de‘, Piero I de‘, Lorenzo I de, Cardinal Giovanni de, Giuliano de.
- He is a British historian having specialty is financial and economic history, particularly hyperinflation and the bond markets, as well as the history of colonialism. He has said that the British Empire succeeded in transforming “the institutions of failed or rogue states and lay the foundations of…rule of law, non-corrupt administration, and ultimately, representative government.”Among such “failed or rogue states” he included India. Identify him.
- South Asia’s first modern Metro Museum, showcasing the Delhi Metro, the only such installation worldwide in an operational Metro station has been opened at which metro station?
- What originated from the ancient Caledonian art of “flyting” where two or more performers trade elaborate insults, according to Professor Ferenc Szasz?