Did you Know? 10 Question Online Quiz on India
Thousands of people from all around the world travel to foreign countries whether it is for leisure or business travel. India is one of the largest populated countries in the world with over 1 billion residents.
Here is a True / False quiz about India for you to test your knowledge, some of the answers may surprise you:
- India accounts for more than 20% of the world’s overall population.
- India has 3 companies listed on the NASDAQ.
- Checkers was invented in India.
- The value of “pi” used in mathematics was first calculated by the Indian mathematician Budhayana in 6th century.
- In 1600AD, Muhammad Ghori defeated Prithiviraj.
- The official Sanskrit name for India is Bharat.
- The Watson hotel is the oldest standing cast iron building / hotels in India.
- The University of Nalanda built in the 2nd century.
- It wasn’t until 1947 that India received its freedom. Nehru is India’s FIRST Prime Minister.
- India has only invaded 1 country within the last 10k years of history.
- False. India accounts for 19.23%, not quite 20% as of 2011.
- False. Chess was invented in India.
- False. Muhammad Ghori defeated Prithiviraj in 1192AD
- False. University of Nalanda was built in the 4th century.
- False. India has never invaded another country.