– is an international Italian fashion house
Brands: Giorgio Armani, GA Prive, Emporio Armani, Armani Collezioni, AJ | Armani Jeans, A/X Armani Exchange, Armani Junior, Armani Teen, Armani Baby and Armani Casa.
Founders: Giorgio Armani and Sergio Galeotti
The Italian fashion house was founded in Milan in 1975. The first Emporio Armani store was opened in 1981. Armani Exchange was started in 1991.
The Group is one of the leading fashion and luxury goods groups in the world today with over 5,000 direct employees and 13 factories. It designs, manufactures, distributes and retails fashion and lifestyle products including apparel, accessories, eyewear, watches, jewellery, home furnishings, fragrances and cosmetics under a range of brand names mentioned above.
With approximately 500 stores worldwide, the Group’s exclusive retail network currently comprises: 81 GA boutiques, 171 Emporio Armani stores, 17 Armani Collezioni stores, 165 A/X Armani Exchange stores, 16 AJ | Armani Jeans stores, 6 Armani Junior stores e 33 Armani Casa stores in 46 countries.
1. In 1982, Giorgio Armani became the second fashion designer to appear on the cover of ‘Time’ Magazine. The first one was Christian Dior.
2. In July 2007, Armani told Time magazine that viewing People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA) materials “convinced me not to use fur.” However, Armani’s Autumn 2008 collection included fur coats for babies, floral printed furs, fur-hemmed skirts and fur-trimmed jackets.
3. Giorgio Armani was the first designer to ban models with a body mass index (BMI) under 18, after model Ana Carolina Reston starved herself to death due to anorexia nervosa.
4. The bottom 39 floors of the Burj Khalifa skyscraper in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, house an Armani Hotel.
5. In January 2010, famed soccer star Cristiano Ronaldo and Hollywood movie star Megan Fox became the male and female face and body of Emporio Armani.