– is An Italian jeweler and luxury goods retailer under French control, LVMH since 2011.
Founder: Sotirio Voulgaris
Founded in year 1884 and baptized after surname of its founder, Sotirio Voulgaris started as a jewelry brand. With the help of his sons Costantino and Giorgio, in 1905 he inaugurated the shop in via Condotti, which still today is Bvlgari’s flagship store. During the first decades of the 20th century, the two brothers developed a passionate interest in precious stones and jewels, gradually taking over their father’s role. During the 50’s Bvlgari moves away from the strict disciplines of the dominant French school to create its own unique style.
- On July 17th,1995 the Bvlgari Holding Company S.p.A. is quoted on the Italian Stock Exchange Telematic system and the International SEAQ in London.
- The 1970’s mark the beginning of Bvlgari’s international expansion with the opening of their first overseas store in New York, and in Paris, Geneva, and Monte Carlo.
- Bulgari is trademarked as Bvlgari since in the classical Latin alphabet v is equivalent to English U.
- ‘Children of men’, a 2006 movie stars two Bvlgari spokesperson, Julianne Moore and Clive Owen.
- Deeper Luxury a report by WWF on environmental and social performance of luxury goods Bvlgari came ninth out of ten brands with lowest possible rating (F).
- Bvlgari watches are heavy like Rolex and authenticate Bvlgari watch on the back of the face has engraved Enigma emblem.
- On 7th March 2011 French luxury group LVMH bid USD 5.2 billion to purchase half of the bvlgari. The rival bidders were Richemont group and PPR but finally it went to LVMH, making Bvlgari family second largest owner after Arnaults.
- The Hotel line of Bvlgari is in joint venture with Marriott International.
- Bvlgari Rewrite the future, which supports save the children campaign through sale of its jewels and watches was launched on its 125th anniversary.