Giant Bicycles Company
Giant is a Taiwanese Company founded in 1972 with a mission to create better bikes and improve the cycling experience.
Giant Bicycles History
In 1971, Japanese educated engineer King Liu had just seen his eel farming business destroyed by a typhoon. He got some partners together and managed to raise $100,000 to start a bicycle manufacturing company outside the port city of Taichung in Taiwan .They called the small company Giant.
Giant Bicycles Trivia
- Giant introduces its first carbon-fiber bicycle. The Cadex 980 C, constructed with carbon-fiber frame tubing and aluminum lugs, is regarded as the world’s first affordable carbon-fiber road bike for the masses.
- It is the biggest bicycle manufacturer.
- It builts bicycle for itself as well as for other companies.
- They have manufacturing facilities in China,Netherlands and Taiwan.
- Giant sponsors International Cycling team like Rabobank.
- “Ride Like King Day,” is a Giant global event celebrating company founder King Liu’s passion for cycling.
- They donated 1000 units of a special ‘Emergency Edition’ hardtail mountain-bike specifically designed to assist emergency crews involved with the recent Japan earthquake disaster
- On June 14th 2010,King Liu, has commenced his tour of the Netherlands with the stated purpose to discover why 27% of the citizens in the Netherlands use bicycles for transportation