Brand Equity Quiz 2011
Earlier this year Derek O Brien through his Twitter handle announced that the Brand EquityQuiz wouldn’t happen till June 2011 pushing from the standard March-April schedule.
Quizzers were skeptic about this year’s edition considering a push into the last 5 months of the year, but here it is : The Biggest, Oldest and Grandest Business Quiz in the country – Brand Equity Quiz is Back!!
Sweeping through 9 cities in just a fortnight, registrations are now open for Brand Equity Quiz 2011!
Brand Equity Quiz Dates
Bangalore : September 12
Hyderabad : September 13
Kolkata : September 14
Chandigarh : September 19
Ahmedabad : September 21
Pune : September 22
Mumbai : September 24
To participate, SMS BEQ <space> EMAIL ID to 58888 or e-mail email@example.com
Huge registration fee? Not sure if you should participate?
Have a look at the questions from the last few years and know how you stand!!
And how better to prepare than browse the entire Brand Trivia & History list available FREE of Cost!!
Some Questions from Brand Equity Quiz archives
- Which of the following was also a village official in ancient/medieval India? Lele/Karmarkar/Kulkarni (Kulkarni)
- Paul Krugman says that he became interested in _________ after reading the Foundation series by Isaac Asimov in which scientists use the study of psychohistory to sane civilization from disarray. (Economics)
- In 1930, 2 tolas of what product were auctioned for Rs. 525/- to Seth Ranchhod Shodhan, a mill-owner of Ahmedabad? (Salt from the Dandi March)
- A _______ brand is a lower priced offering launched by a company to take on specific competitors that are attempting to under-price them. FITB (Fighter)
- In order to retain Mumbai as it’s capital, Maharashtra paid a compensation of Rs. 56 Crore & 300 villages to which state? (Gujarat)
- What is the main flavor in the drink Kahlua? (Coffee)
- For the promotion of what movie did it’s lead actors ring the Opening Bell at the NYSE? (My Name Is Khan)
- Launched in 1910, which type of biscuits is named after a French family? (Bourbon)
- According to some management guru, the best quality inspectors need to have a _______? Core Skill/Suit/Conscience (Conscience)
- What modern item of clothing is the contribution of the residents of the Sumer Islands? (Bermuda Shorts)
- In 1894, a Mississippi businessman named Joseph Biedenharn used to travel up & down the state selling Coca Cola. He is now recognized as the first official _______ (7 letters) of Coca Cola? (Bottler)
- A 17th century English inventor of the seed drill lends his name ______ ____ (2 words) to a famous British rock group. FITB (Jethro Tull)
- In what currency would you need to buy a ticket if you wanted to see the tomb of Tutankhamen? (Egyptian Pound)
- Many companies use the colour ____ in their color schemes/branding because this colour traditionally represents purpose, peace, water, stability, cold, etc. FITB (Blue)
- Which U.S. state is the world’s largest producer of raisins? (California)
- What is the most famous work of an individual named Bhagwan Rampure from Solapur? (BSE Bull sculpture)
- In 2009, what did Forbes magazine identify as the ‘fastest-appreciating sports business on earth’? (Indian Premier League)
- Who did Kalpana Chawla credit as being the inspiration for her interest in aviation? (JRD Tata)
- According to research, which Asian country is the highest originator of internet scams & phishing? China/India/Japan/Pakistan (India)
- Which company acquired the rights to a famous painting for advertising purposes & later changed it’s name to the title of the painting? (HMV)
- Visual; id the person >>> Pic of a clean-shaven guy against the backdrop of a flaming red car bonnet profile with a snazzy headlight showing. (Dilip Chhabria)
- Visual >>> Logo of BCCI
- Visual >>> Pic of a roadside eatery with the logo showing but name blanked out, id. (Bade Miyan, behind the Taj Hotel, Mumbai)
- Visual >>> Pic of a robotic dog, identify the name. (AIBO)
- Visual >>> Poster of a Hindi movie showing Ajay Devgan with a cigarette dangling from his lips, Viveik Oberoi, Manisha Koirala, Mohanlal, etc. Id the movie (Company)
- Thomas Friedman got the idea for the title of his book ‘The World Is Flat’ from an interview with whom? Nandan Nilekani/Azim Premji/Ratan Tata/Rahul Bajaj (Nandan Nilekani)
- Peter Drucker has said that ________ is the only major occupation of man for which we have not yet developed tools that make an average person capable of competence and performance. Farming/Teaching/Accounting/Advertising (Teaching)
- In 1944, a set of proposals for the development of the post-independence economy of India called the Bombay Plan was published by John Mathai, JRD Tata & which other prominent Mumbai industrialist? (G.D. Birla)
- In 2006, what was created by Biz Stone, Evan Williams, Jack Dorsey, and others with the working name “Status” for a while? (Twitter)
- Sumantra Ghoshal has classified what/who into 4 types: Purposeful, Detached, Frenzied, Procrastinators? (Managers)