-The India Quiz
Quizzicus Indica Details
Date: 14th August 2011
Venue: XIM, Bhubaneshwar ( 3 pm)
Quizmaster: Kamal Rathi
Team of Two members
Registration Fee: Rs 100/- per team
Quizzicus Indica Contact Details
Quizzicus Indica – The India Quiz, the same weekend we also have the Landmark Quiz in Chennai
Some questions from Kamal Rathi’s blog to help you prepare for Quizzicus Indica:
1. It is alternatively called ‘Patience’. There is an old tradition in the German or Scandinavian countries to use “patience” as a guide to what the near future has to offer, a kind of “luck” meter. This belief assumes that a person’s “luck” will vary from time to time and important matters should not be initiated or conducted when the cards are not favourable. If there are no winnings in the game for a number of tries it spells caution in what you do. If a win at the first try times are good and “luck” smiles at you, thus the immediate future can be used for important decisions. Timing the game is a further indicator of the strength of the outcome. What am I talking about?
Ans.: Solitaire (Card Game)
2. It has been the most decorated molecule in modern science. Atleast 13 people have received Nobel Prizes for their research on this molecule. Which one?
3. In India, Where would you be posting a letter if the PIN Code started with a 9?
Ans.: Army Post office(APO) and Field Post office(FPO)
4. Who holds the world record for the longest serving Defence Minister of a Country.
Ans.: Raul Castro, Fidel Castro’s brother.
5. The Kármán line, named after Theodore von Kármán, is the internationally designated boundary of what?
Ans.: The Kármán line lies at an altitude of 100 km (just over 60 miles) above the Earth’s sea level, and is commonly used to define the boundary between the Earth’s atmosphere and outer space. This definition is accepted by the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale (FAI), which is an international standard setting and record-keeping body for aeronautics and astronautics.
6. Ram Gopal Varma made Company. Who made Company Limited?
Ans.: Satyajit Ray. (Its the English title of his movie Seemabaddha)
7. In 1988, to commemorate the 100th year of the birth Jawaharlal Nehru, what was introduced with the name being a hindi translation of “100th year”?
Ans.: Shatabdi Express
8.Who was the first Indian to receive royalty from the sale of records?
Ans.: Rabindranath Tagore
9. Pre independence, which brand used to run ads with the following lines: “Makes white clothes stay white. Pure swadeshi and free from animal fat”?
Ans.: Tata 501 soap
10. Which Nobel Prize winner spent all his prize money to buy diamonds and study Spectroscopy?