Tata Crucible Questions 2011 – Hyderabad Edition
A very dear friend and well wisher- Raja Reddy updates about the Tata Crucible Edition held at Hyderabad.
With a participation of around 100 odd teams, the onstage finals was something everyone were waiting for as the regular finalists like Google and Microsoft just missed out this year!
Onstage in this year’s Hyderabad edition were 2 teams from Infosys and one each from Cognizant, Satyam, IBM and Deloitte
Although a thick battle in the beginning, the duo from Infy (Sridhar & Surendra Reddy) started racing ahead after the buzzers and played extremely well towards the end to be crowned champions at Hyderabad!
But what stood out in the felicitation was the statement by the runners-up from IBM (Raghuram K & S) that they would contribute a fair share of their winnings to the Tata Medical Center.
In times where we have always believed that the cash prizes at Quizzes has lured teams into negative tactics, this gesture really stands tall!
Wish you the very best for the finals Infy and wish you the best for all your endeavors IBM!!
And if you haven’t followed the Crucible yet, here’s a snapshot
The Tata Crucible traversed Kochi and we’ve covered the quiz with the Kochi prelimsand Kochi Finals questions and then moved on to Coimbatore where Chennai Silks won. And then followed BSP win the Nagpur Edition quite comfortably.
But for now,
Tata Crucible Questions from Hyderabad Corporate 2011
1. To whom did Balasaheb Pant Pratinidhi, ruler of Aundh Saunsthan donate land to establish a factory and subsequently a town? LAKSHMAN RAO KIRLOSKAR
2. Three commercial banks authorised to issue HK DOLLARS? Two are bank of China (HK) and HSBC, who is the third? STANDARD CHARTERED
3. Two separate boutiques that Pierre Cardin divided his house into in 1959. He tried Trademarking them, but couldn’t as the words were too common. He quoted “I would like to believe that this was the genesis of a lot of fashion and advertising trends”? ADAM and EVE
5. What formulation did Dr. Roshan Captain and team create in 1950s ? LIV-52
6. What question that became a popular ad slogan did Shirley Polykoff utter involuntarily to her husband George and later submitted to FCB ad agency – became Clairol’s slogan? DOES SHE OR DOESN’T SHE?
7. Avon foundation supports two causes one is breast cancer and the other is___? DOMESTIC /SEXUAL VIOLENCE
8. Visual – Which companies brand portfolio: meera, Nyle, Chike shampoo etc. CAVINKARE
9. Paloma Picasso’s loving heart and sugar. Frank Gentry’s collections: Axis, Equus, Fish, Flux, orchid, Torque etc are part of which company’s products? TIFFANY’s
10. Started by Nazaren Fonticoli and his biz partner Gaetano Sarini – is the official suit of James Bond: BRIONI
11. In 1970-71 Charlton comics ran a series and released comics of which eatery’s mascot. RONALD McDONALD
12. Visual : Identify this person: Y C DEVESHWAR ITC
13. Tagline of which internet company is IDEAS WORTH SPREADING – TED TALKS
14. 1891 two brothers Anton and Gerard, who was maternal cousin of Karl Marx started co. in Eindhoven, Netherlands. Their first products were carbon filament lamps and other electro-mechanical equipment. Which co.? PHILIPS
15. Which brand has launched the ONE-77 an ultra-sports car at a starting price of Rs. 20 crore in India recently? ASTON MARTIN
16. Visual: What does APPLE use this image/ logo to denote? PODCASTS
17. In which country has high speed broad band access been made a basic right along with life and liberty, around 95% of them has access to broadband already. FINLAND
18. Co. renowned processor and exporter of whisky, rum, vodka etc. formed in 1944 by L. P. Jaiswal in Kapurthala named after the ruler of the province? JAGATJIT INDUSTRIES after Jagat singh
19. Jupiter enterprises started by Kishore Bhagibhai and Arjan in world of entertainment changed to Rishima international private limited. But now is now by a simple 4 letter name. EROS ENTERTAINMENT
20. Visual: Identify this logo of a famous brand from Andhra Pradesh. VENKATESWARA HATCHERIES
Personally, we think the Hyderabad leg has undoubtedly been the toughest quiz this year but there are some questions which share a shade from previous crucible quizzes!
So, don’t forget to go through the archives and Be Prepared for the next quiz!
And if you are participating in another city, here’s the Tata Crucible 2011 Schedule with venues and other details
If you are participating in any other cities, we’re sure these questions will give you a heads up on the preparation required.
For those who want to have a look at the previous years’ questions, follow the links below
The format of Tata Crucible Questions has been simple throughout – a mixture of current affairs dry questions, visuals, heads of companies, trivia from old sites/blogs/quiz groups.
A thorough read through previous editions’ Tata Crucible Questions will definitely give participants a good direction to prepare for their city finals.
And if you are not looking just for Tata Crucible questions but a good guide to Prepare for Tata Crucible and other business quizzes, you must read the 20,000+ downloads famous –A Definitive guide to prepare for Tata Crucible
You can attempt Tata Crucible Questions from the Student Edition 2011 on a brand new customized platform. Dont just read, PARTICIPATE!