Reliance Communications Limited
– is a major Indian telecommunication company headquartered in Navi Mumbai, India. It is the 16th largest operator in the world with more than 128 million subscribers. It is the flagship company of the Reliance-Anil Dhirubhai Ambani Group (ADAG).
Founder: Shri Dhirubhai H Ambani
Chairman: Shri Anil D Ambani
Products: Wireless, Telephone, Internet, Television, Data Cards, Recharge Vouchers, Video conference, Cloud computing services
Brands / Subsidiaries: Reliance Telecom Limited, Reliance Globalcom Limited, Reliance Tech Services, Reliance Communications Infrastructure Limited (RCIL), Reliance Big TV Limited, Reliance Infratel Limited, Reliance Internet Data Center (RIDC)
Acquisition: FLAG Telecom, Yipes Ethernet service, Digicable, eWave World, Vanco Group
Reliance Communications History
The late Dhirubhai Ambani dreamt of a digital India — an India where the common man would have access to affordable means of information and communication. Dhirubhai had: “Make the tools of information and communication available to people at an affordable cost. They will overcome the handicaps of illiteracy and lack of mobility.”
It was with this belief in mind that Reliance Communications (formerly Reliance Infocomm) started laying 60,000 route kilometres of a pan-India fibre optic backbone. Today, Reliance Communications is revolutionising the way India communicates and networks, truly bringing about a new way of life.
Reliance Communications Trivia
-RComs Ltd has launched “Money Transfer” through mobile phones across the country through its tie-up with ICICI Bank.
-Microsoft Corp and RCom have a joint foray into Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) or simply put television on internet instead of the traditional route.
– Telecom operator Etisalat DB, formerly known as Swan Telecom, has outsourced its telecom infrastructure requirements to the Anil Ambani Group Company RCom as part of a Rs 10,000-crore deal spread over the next 10 years.
– Reliance Communications announced its partnership with Microsoft for offering Windows Mobile solutions on its wireless networks where according to the agreement, Microsoft is said to offer Windows Mobile solutions to RCom customers, including push email support, chat, photo-sharing, content back-up and other applications.
– RCom has entered into a pact with Polycom Inc., the global leader in tele-presence, video and voice solutions, in order to introduce world’s first wireless, high-resolution video conferencing service.
– RCom has inked an alliance with GetJar. Under the alliance, GetJar will offer RCom its extensive catalogue of over 65,000 free mobile applications.
– Reliance Globalcom owns the world’s largest private undersea cable system spanning 65,000 kms seamlessly integrated with Reliance Communications over 190,000 kms of domestic optic fiber provides a robust Global Service Delivery Platform connecting 40 key business markets in India, the Middle East, Asia, Europe, and the U.S.
-With its recent acquisition of eWave World, a pioneer in the global Wimax space, Reliance Globalcom has the capability to launch 4G services in over 50 countries. It has also acquired Vanco Group, enabling the company to provide managed services to over 230 countries and territories across the globe.
Reliance Communications was the company that Indian mobile tariffs dirt cheap and is one of the most recognized Brands in India today