TCS IT Wiz Questions 2011- Hyderabad Edition
Syed Mutuza Hashmi shares with us the TCS IT Wiz Questions (prelims) from the 2011 Hyderabad edition – the champion city of the 2010 edition.
The final was an absorbing one with leading schools battling for the crown of Hyderabad IT Champions. The schools on stage were BVB-Jubilee Hills, Chirec Public School, Obul Reddy Public School, Chaitanya, DPS Nacharam and Gitanjali Sr Sec School.
But after a well played TCS and Lateral round, Syed Murtuza Hashmi and Umair Abdullah from Chaitanya Jr College won the quiz followed by Vasishta and Aakash from Gitanjali Sr Sec School.
If you’re participating in the other cities, do share your experiences while you can also practice quizzes on our new Quizzing platform here
TCS IT Wiz Questions – Hyderabad 2011 Prelims
1. Italians call it the snail, the Germans call it spider monkey, Dutch call it monkey tail and in Chinese it is called the little mouse. What am I talking about? @
2. What is the present name of the Alexander Bell Telephone Company? AT & T
3. The immediate predecessors of it were “Optimum Coding in the Frequency Domain” (OCF), and Perceptual Transform Coding (PXFM). This format was made at the Fraunhofer Society. Which format? MP3
4. What was started by these two young IIT graduates? (Name a website)
5. In 1971, Nolan Bushnell and Ted Dabney founded a firm, Syzygy Engineering. How do we better know this company now? Atari
6. It was founded in 1906 in Rochester as The Haloid Photographic Company, which originally manufactured photographic paper and equipment .It holds a Royal Warrant from HM Queen Elizabeth II and the Prince of Wales. Identify the company. Xerox
7. It is a bit rate measure of available or consumed data communication resources expressed in bits/second or multiples of it (kilobits/s, megabits/s etc.). What is this term (one proper word)? Bandwidth
8. This is the logo of which famous website?
9. At the 1997 Macworld Expo, Steve Jobs announced that Apple would join _________ to release new versions for the Macintosh. For this the audience booed for 42 seconds. Identify this company? Microsoft
10. In 1911 Charles Flint engineered the merger of Hollerith’s Tabulating Machine Company with two other firms the International Time Recording Company and the Computing Scale Corporation and formed the Computing Tabulating Recording Corporation. What is the present name of this company? IBM
11. “Completely Automated Public Turing test to tell Computers and Humans Apart” is better known to us as what? CAPTCHA
12. Identify this famous person from the world of Internet.
13. Which was the first DTH provider for rural part of India to start the iKisaan scheme which is India’s first TV interactive application for farmers? Airtel
14. Go is a programming language from which company? Guess the company from the name of this programming language. Google
15. Which company has rebranded it as “Be What’s next”? Microsoft
16. Identify this product.
17. What company was started in June 1972 by five IBM engineers as ”System Analysis and Program Development”?SAP AG
18. If Street view: Google, then Street side: ________ Bing
19. Which game features large, habitable ringed structures, similar to the Orbital’s in Iain M Banks’ Culture novels or to smaller versions of Larry Niven’s Ringworld? Halo
20. Identify this computer from the world of History. Found in any standard computer science textbook.
It’s a little unfortunate to see that the research seems a little skewed to a few brands – like 3 questions on Google, 2 questions on Microsoft. Is this the problem of a multi city event??
You can also watch a couple of videos from the finals inline!
If you are participating in any other cities, we’re sure these questions will give you a heads up on the preparation required.
For those who want to have a look at the previous years’ questions, follow the links below
The format of TCS IT Wiz Questions has been simple throughout – a mixture of current affairs dry questions, visuals, heads of companies, history of IT Companies and trivia from old sites/blogs/quiz groups and magazines like PCMag and Digit.
A thorough read through previous editions’ TCS IT Wiz Questions will definitely give participants a good direction to prepare for their city finals.
And if you are not looking just for TCS IT Wiz questions but a good guide to Prepare for IT & Business quizzes, you must read the 20,000+ downloads famous – A Definitive guide to prepare for Tata Crucible