– is an automobile manufacturing giant from Japan and is the largest automaker in the world in terms of sales and production.
NYSE Ticker: TM; LSE Ticker: TYT
Subsidiaries: Lexus, Scion, Daihatsu, Hino Motors.
Brands: Lexus, Scion, Land Cruiser, Camry, Prius, corolla, Avalon, Yaris, Century, Highlander, Auris,
Founded by Kiichiro Toyoda in Aichi, Japan after an intensive research on automobiles in US and Europe. Started as a division of Toyoda Automatic Loom Works and became independent in 1937 as Toyota Motor Co.
- Toyoda was renamed as Toyota because it takes only 8 brush strokes to write the word ‘Toyota’ in Japanese and 8 is supposed to be a lucky number in Japan.
- The logo comprises of 3 oval rings that forms the letter ‘T’ representing the company. The ovals represent benefit to the customer, trust with the customer and unlimited growth of the brand.
- Royal Century, is an exclusive limited edition car that is manufactured only for the Emperor/ Prime minister of Japan, competing with Limos and the Rolls Royce.
- First gen Prius featured in Gilmore Girls Rory receives as a high school graduation gift from her grandparents
- Toyota is the leading sponsor of the NDTV Greenathon, which is the India’s first telethon campaign to save environment.
- Crown was the first Japanese car to be exported to the US and Brazil in the year 1957.
- “Moving Forward” is the current tagline for Toyota, which was preceded by the slogan “Get the feeling!”
- A.R. Rahman is the brand ambassador for the midsized Etios , while Amir Khan for Innova.
Toyota is one of the most popular Auto Brands in the World