Tata Crucible Questions – 2011 Nagpur Corporate
Akshay & Kunal Deshmukh from QuizQuest share with us the questions from the prelims of the Nagpur Edition. Thanks a lot guys!!
The finals , in the beginning, looked like a complete Bhilai Steel Plant affair with three teams on stage accompanied by Think Consultants, Infocepts & Persisitent finishing the line up.
Although Think Consultants were leading in the first few rounds, BSP really caught up as the Buzzers got into action and SPS Jaggi and Changrashekar (AIMA quiz hosts) from BSP sealed the quiz with some great answers to make it to the National Final, followed by Think Consultants
Have you been following the Crucible? We’ve covered the questions from all the previous editions and you can catch them too.
But for now,
Tata Crucible questions from Nagpur Corporate 2011
1. This term is derived from Latin words ‘com’ meaning together and ‘merx’ meaning goods. – Commerce
2. A type of buyout wherein an investor, typically financial sponsor, acquires a controlling interest in a company’s equity and where a significant percentage of the purchase price is financed through borrowing. –Leveraged Buyout
3. Which bank was instrumental in starting the Pratham Grameen Bank. An initiative to spread banking to rural India. – Syndicate Bank
4. Print ad with caption ‘Every supermodel’s favourite airline’ (The hint given was the text font) – Indigo
5. What was started in 1834 at London’s East End by Charles Henry with initial emphasis on tea. – Harrods
6. Which organisation started the game ‘Moon Base Alpha’ to teach small children more about the moon. –NASA
7. Which famous politician was associated with Vedanta Resources before joining the cabinet in 2004. – ’P. Chidambaram’
9. What started in India after a noted silver shortage after World War I which is been followed even today. – ‘Introduction of Currency Notes’
10. Who invented the carbon microphone along with Alexander Graham Bell specifically being mentioned for his other prominent inventions. – ‘Thomas Alva Edison’
11. What did Father de Cruz bought from China in the early sixteenth century and introduced to the entire Europe. – Tea
12. Picture identify – ‘Muthuraman of Tata Steel’
13. A branch of mathematics deriving its name from the fact that it was specifically used within the state. –‘Statistics’
14. What did Reuben H. Donnelly start which is now widely being used in almost all the homes and offices. –‘Yellow Pages’
15. ‘Come out and play’ is the tagline for which sporting event occurred in 2010. – ‘Commonwealth Games’
16. Which Padmashree award winner wrote the book ‘How I taught my Grandmother to teach and other stories’ – ’Sudha Murthi’
17. What does NEFT stand for – ‘National Electronic Fund Transfer’
18. What did Kailash and Sanjai Katkar started which is now one of the most widely used security measures. – ‘Quickheal’
19. In Danish this means ‘Krating Daeng’ . Which syrup is been referred to which was initially used as a medicine. – ‘Red Bull’
20. Stamp commemorating what. – ’100 years of Darjeeling Toy Train’
If you are participating in any other cities, we’re sure these questions will give you a heads up on the preparation required.
For those who want to have a look at the previous years’ questions, follow the links below
The format of Tata Crucible Questions has been simple throughout – a mixture of current affairs dry questions, visuals, heads of companies, trivia from old sites/blogs/quiz groups.
A thorough read through previous editions’ Tata Crucible Questions will definitely give participants a good direction to prepare for their city finals.
And if you are not looking just for Tata Crucible questions but a good guide to Prepare for Tata Crucible and other business quizzes, you must read the 20,000+ downloads famous –A Definitive guide to prepare for Tata Crucible
You can attempt Tata Crucible Questions from the Student Edition 2011 on a brand new customized platform. Dont just read, PARTICIPATE!