Tata Crucible Questions 2011- Ranchi Corporate
SS Panda sir from SAIL, Rourkela plant updates from Ranchi about the wonderful Tata Crucible Edition held there recently.
With a good participation, the onstage finals was exciting as the final line up had all the major steel giants represented!!
2 teams from Bokaro Steel and Rourkela Steel were joined by teams from Berickson and SAIL Ranchi.
After a high voltage start, the teams from Rourkela and SAIL made it look like a three way match but a smart and diligent Rourkela Steel represented by SS Panda and Sampad Mishra took home the Ranchi laurels!
Panda ji, thank you very much for sharing the questions with Quizzing.in and we wish you the very very best for the National Finals!!
Have you been following the Crucible? We’ve covered the questions from all the previous editions and you can catch them too.
We traversed Kochi with the Kochi prelimsand Kochi Finals questions and then move to Coimbatore where Chennai Silks won. And then followed BSP win the Nagpur Edition quite comfortably. And for the updated list of results, reviews and questions just click on this link : Tata Crucible 2011 Corporate Results
But for now,
Tata Crucible Questions from Ranchi Corporate 2011
1. It was set up in 1906 by the great Indian patriot, Bal Gangadhar Tilak along with eminent businessman Munmohandas Ramji. The launch of the store set standards for the swadeshi movement through an elegant, classy retail outlet. Retail outlets ,still in business today. Ans: Bombay Stores
2. The term was coined in 2000 by Luis von Ahn, Manuel Blum, Nicholas J. Hopper, and John Langford (all of Carnegie Mellon University). It is an acronym to tell Computers and Humans Apart”. Carnegie Mellon University attempted to trademark the term, but the trademark application was abandoned on 21 April 2008..Ans:Captcha
3.Established by VSS Mani a CA, gaining popularity now-a days.Ans:Justdial.com
4. Logo of Online retail Co.
5. Origin –History,French Chemist ,Auerole.Ans:L’oreal
6 .Hero Honda logo,Tata Group logo,same ad agency, Identify. Ans:Wolf Ollins
7. Which RCB player endorses Fast Track &Herbalife brands. Ans:Virat Kohli
8. Photo of new Infosys CEO. Ans:Shibulal
9. Book The Goal, Published 1984.Popular theory ,important for engineers, with a Mouse
character. Theory of ___.Ans:Theory of Constraints
10. Identify this Brand of long lasting battey owned by P &G. Ans:Duracell
11. Maple Tree in logo.Which Airline. Ans:Air Canada
12. Photo of Oliver Toscani, made controversial ads for which clothing Company. Ans:United Colors of Benetton
13. The acquisition of another company using a significant amount of borrowed money (bonds or loans) to meet the cost of acquisition. Often, the assets of the company being acquired are used as collateral for the loans in addition to the assets of the acquiring company..Ans: Leveraged Buy Out
14. Combo of German word for Water & Greek for Oil(elaion),used in winter season. Ans:Vaseline
15. Photo of Francis D’Souza.CEO of which IT company. Ans:Cognizant
16.Logo of a Pakistan TV Channel. Identify. Ans:Geo TV
17. Very Successful manufacturers of Swords,locks,knives in past. Now Razor blades. Which co.? Ans:Wilkinson
18. Which company supplied ballot boxes for Ist General elections. Ans:Godrej
19. In 2010 Time Magazine published a list of persons who abused power while in office. President Nixon was no.1.Who was no.2.Ans:A.RAJA
20. Photo of Gitanjali Kirloskar
And for the entire list of Questions from the finals of the Tata Crucible Ranchi Edition
Definitely good questions for a Ranchi edition but we are sure that a good dig into the previous years’ Crucible quizzes would have given you a good Headstart!!
So, don’t forget to go through the archives and Be Prepared for the next quiz!
If you are participating in any other cities, we’re sure these questions will give you a heads up on the preparation required.
For those who want to have a look at the previous years’ questions, follow the links below
The format of Tata Crucible Questions has been simple throughout – a mixture of current affairs dry questions, visuals, heads of companies, trivia from old sites/blogs/quiz groups.
A thorough read through previous editions’ Tata Crucible Questions will definitely give participants a good direction to prepare for their city finals.
And if you are not looking just for Tata Crucible questions but a good guide to Prepare for Tata Crucible and other business quizzes, you must read the 20,000+ downloads famous –A Definitive guide to prepare for Tata Crucible
You can attempt Tata Crucible Questions from the Student Edition 2011 on a brand new customized platform. Dont just read, PARTICIPATE!