TCS IT Wiz Questions 2011- Bangalore Edition
The final was an absorbing one with leading schools battling for the crown of Bangalore IT Champions. The schools on stage were PSBB, Kumaran’s CBSE, NPS (K), Vidyanikethan, FAPS and St. Paul’s..
But after a well fought battle, Pratheek and Arul from St. Paul’s won the quiz followed by Jeydev and Pranav from FAPS.
If you’re participating in the other cities, do share your experiences while you can also practice quizzes on our new Quizzing platform here
TCS IT Wiz Questions – Bangalore 2011 Prelims
- This spinoff of Nippon Telegraph and Telephone was started in 1991. Company name means ‘everywhere’ in the native language. Present in India in partnership with a major Indian company. Ans: DoCoMo
- This brand’s name refers to an edible fruit in plants of the rose family. Was in the news due to a protracted dispute with Govt of India. Ans: Blackberry
- Visual – Radioshack logo
- This game was inspired by Warcraft III: Frozen Throne, and DoTA in particular. Here, too, the objective of the game was to fight the enemy force and destroy their base. Ans: Heroes of Newerth
- Which doyen of the Indian IT industry resigned from the company he built to start up “Happiest Minds India Ltd”? Ans: Ashok Soota
- This is an input device consisting of a stick that pivots on a base and reports its angle or direction to the device it is controlling. First optimized for usage in games by Ralph Baer. Identify. Ans: Joystick
- Connect Fulham FC, ICC and Boca Juniors. Ans: LG
- Visual – Thomas Edison Google doodle
- Inventor, Innovator, Pioneer, Discoverer, Explorer, Navigator are the names of buildings in which ‘international’ location? Ans: Buildings of ITPL (IT park in Blore)
- Almost all Chinese Android phones will have this instead of Google Search because of China’s ban on Google. World’s second largest search engine simply because of the number of people speaking Chinese. Ans: Baidu
- t.co is a URL shortening service by whom? Ans: Twitter
- Visual – Google Wallet logo.
- Founded by Serge Kampf as “Société de Gestion des Entreprises et de Traitement de l’Information” (Sogeti). How do we know this organization today? Ans: Capgemini
- Visual – Stephen Elop
- X is a widely used sans-serif typeface developed in 1957 by Swiss typeface designer Max Miedinger with Eduard Hoffmann. Originally called Neue Haas Grotesk, now called X as a reference to Switzerland. Ans: Helvetica
- Who owns the domain www.eb.com ?Ans: Encyclopaedia Britannica
- Connectix Quickcam was the first of which type of digital cameras?Ans: Webcam
- What do you call a map of bits?Ans: Bitmap
- SAGA 220 is India’s fastest supercomputer with a speed of 220 teraflops. Name the organisation that designed it. Ans: ISRO
Videos from the Finals
If you are participating in any other cities, we’re sure these questions will give you a heads up on the preparation required.
For those who want to have a look at the previous years’ questions, follow the links below
The format of TCS IT Wiz Questions has been simple throughout – a mixture of current affairs dry questions, visuals, heads of companies, history of IT Companies and trivia from old sites/blogs/quiz groups and magazines like PCMag and Digit.
A thorough read through previous editions’ TCS IT Wiz Questions will definitely give participants a good direction to prepare for their city finals.
And if you are not looking just for TCS IT Wiz questions but a good guide to Prepare for IT & Business quizzes, you must read the 20,000+ downloads famous – A Definitive guide to prepare for Tata Crucible