Tata Crucible Questions – 2011 Coimbatore Corporate
Anuradha Yogesh shares with us the questions from the prelims of the Coimbatore Edition. Thanks a lot Anuradha!!
Arul Saravanan and Yogesh Pai from Chennai Silks won the Coimby Edition for the third year in a row!! Beating Shailendra & Priya Bhansali of Bhansali & Associates by a very slender margin!
Have you been following the Crucible? Find the Tata Crucible questions Kochi Edition here.
But for now,
Tata Crucible questions from Coimbatore Corporate 2011
1) English singer/composer, brain child behind rocket record co. in 1972. Has a unique record, they are the only co. that has a trade mark to a song , that was sung only once in public? Ans: Elton John
2) Which former airhostess was Lakme’s first Indian model? Ans: Maureen Wadia
3) Which co. did Sunil Mittal get into an agreement in 1983 to manufacture the co’s push button telephone models for the Indian market? Later the co. went onto forge alliance with Nokia. Ans: Seimens
4) Picture of this famous Huge Entrepreneur.
Ans: Cecil Rhodes
5) Whose Tagline goes “ No Flavour Finer” The product carries a G I Tag and makes India proud? Ans: Darjeeling Tea
6) The Vanilla Beans are used in the Ice Cream Industry. Which Country produces 80% of the world’s Vanilla Beans output?(Clue – Children will know from Cartoons) Ans: Madagascar
7) On 5th April 2011, who announced about his new IT Venture “Happiest Minds Technologies Pvt Ltd”? Ans: Ashok Soota
9) What term now used in media comes from the name given by the London based pharmaceutical company Burroughs Well Co to the compressed Tablets ? Ans: Tabloid
10) Which Asian Country with Voice based revenues of $ 5.70 Billion has overtaken India as the Call centre capital of the world ? Ans: Philippines
11) Who is the main Holding company of LMVH, owning 42.38% of its Shares and 59.30% of its Voting rights? (Clue – Huge Brand) Ans: Christian Dior
13) First example of an Indian company hiring a local face to endorse its brand exclusively in another Country. Dabur has roped in which Pakistani cricketer for its brand – Hajmola? Ans: Shahid Afridi
14) Which nation gets its top level internet domain as .Ch ? Ans: Switzerland
15) He has donated a majority of his company’s shares to M.I.T to fulfill his desire. Under the terms of the Gift, M.I.T cannot sell its shares & will not participate in its management or governance of the Company but can get annual dividend on its shares. Identify this gentleman.? (Huge Indian name) Ans: Amar Bose
Ans: Abu Dhabi
Ans: Vasan Eye Care
18) Which electronic commerce company would be associated with Andrew Mason? Ans: GroupOn
19) This Company is recognized as India’s biggest chain of Family Clubs by the Limca book of world records. They boast of having around 600 corporate members including Microsoft, Brooke bond Lipton, CMC,etc….. Ans: Country Club
If you are participating in any other cities, we’re sure these questions will give you a heads up on the preparation required.
For those who want to have a look at the previous years’ questions, follow the links below
The format of Tata Crucible Questions has been simple throughout – a mixture of current affairs dry questions, visuals, heads of companies, trivia from old sites/blogs/quiz groups.
A thorough read through previous editions’ Tata Crucible Questions will definitely give participants a good direction to prepare for their city finals.
And if you are not looking just for Tata Crucible questions but a good guide to Prepare for Tata Crucible and other business quizzes, you must read the 20,000+ downloads famous –A Definitive guide to prepare for Tata Crucible
You can attempt Tata Crucible Questions from the Student Edition 2011 on a brand new customized platform. Dont just read, PARTICIPATE!
TATA CRUCIBLE QUESTIONS from the previous years