As one of the most sought after quizzes in the school quizzing arena, Limca Book of Records Quiz 2011 Edition kicks off too.
Atharv Joshi, an avid reader, has been extremely kind to collate all the questions from the prelims and the finals from the 2011 Goa Edition and has compiled a beautiful PDF for us . Thank you very much Atharv. You can visit Atharv’s blog here
You can download the entire Limca Book of Records Quiz 2011 Goa Edition here
Hosted by Andrew Scolt at Don Bosco School, Panjim(5th July 2011) , after a 30 question prelim and a 7 round final, Mushtifund Aaryan School won the quiz followed by KV, INS Mandovi.
You can find the entire schedule of the Limca Book of Records Quiz 2011 here: http://www.quizzing.in/limca-book-of-records-2011
You can also download last year’s questions here: http://www.quizzing.in/limca-book-of-records-quiz-2010-noida-edition
Some questions from the Prelims:
1. Which was the first Goan football team to win the National Football League?
2. In 2010, Forbes Magazine described Manmohan Singh as “India’s best Prime
Minister since _______________.” Fill in the Blanks.
Ans. Jawaharlal Nehru
3. In which superhero comic will you find the line – “With great power, comes
4. In the IPL, which animal is depicted in the Pune Warriors logo?
5. Which was the 1st planned city of the Mughals?
Ans. Fatehpur Sikri
6. In the Mahabharata, who formed the Chakravyuha where Abhimanyu was
7. The original name of which Union Territory means a New Village/Settlement
8. Camp, Golf, Polo and Half are popular types of? Options: Shirts, Trousers,
9. In 2010, MF Hussain became a citizen of which Arab Emirate?
10. On which day does South Korea celebrate its Independence day?
Ans. 15th August
11. Around the Indian Ocean, this natural phenomenon is called a ‘Tropical
Cyclone.’ What is it known as in the Northeast Pacific Ocean?
12. Which of the following Cats does NOT roar? Options: Cheetah, Leopard,
13. Which is the most abundant and widely used solvent in the world?
Ans. Water (H2O)
14. What was awarded to Bhagwan Das in 1955, Purushottam Tandom in 1962
and Vaman Kane in 1963?
Ans. The Bharat Ratna
15. Which country released the world’s first 3-D Postage stamp? Options: UK,