– is a US based logistics services company better known for its airline cargo services. Their Express service provides fast and reliable delivery to every U.S. address and to more than 220 countries all over the world.
NYSE Ticker: FDX
FedEx Express was founded in 1971 by Frederick Smith as the Federal Express Corporation. The first overnight service was started in 1973 with 14 Dassault Falcon 20s connecting 25 cities in US. Federal Express acquired caliber systems in 1998 and changed itself to FedExcorp.
1. The logo is its wordmark designed by Lindon Leader of Landor Associates and is notable for its right arrow formed between letters E & x in FedEx.
2. Each of their operating units has its own version of the wordmark. The ‘Fed’ in the logo is always purple, while the color of ‘Ex’ is different for each division.
3. Express operates the second largest civil aircraft fleet in the world first being the Delta Air Lines.
4. Home Delivery is a division of their Ground, rendering residential delivery Tuesday through Saturday. The logo for its home delivery is an image of a Dog carrying a parcel.
5. They previously previously sponsored the Formula1 team McLaren, however the logo is still found on McLaren’s crash suite collar.
6. “The world on time”, “We Live to Deliver”, “We Understand” are the present taglines .
Famous Ad Campaign:
“We Understand” ad campaign is the latest from their stable.
FedEx is one of the most popular Brands in the World