Brand: Mercedes Benz
What is Mercedes Benz: Mercedes Benz is a German automobiles manufacturer recognized for its class cars and commercial vehicles.
FWB Ticker: DAI
Subsidiaries & Brands: Mercedes-AMG, a subsidiary of the Mercedes-Benz car company specializing in high-performance luxury cars while the parent company of Mercedes being Daimler AG. Some of the major Mercedes brands include A class Merc, C class Merc, S class Merc, Velo, Mercedes Simplex, Viano
History: Gottlieb Daimler and Karl Benz invented the high-speed engine and the automobile independently in the 1880s, laying the foundation to petrol powered motorized transport. Benz founded the firm Benz & Cie. And Daimler founded Daimler-Motoren-Gesellschaft (DMG), Following the merger of Karl Benz’s and Daimler’s companies into the Daimler-Benz company, they brought a completely new brand name for products “Mercedes”.
1. The three-pointed star symbolized the Daimler’s principle of universal motorisation “on the ground, on water and in the air“.
2. Mercedes was the name of Emil Jellinek’s daughter, who was an active car dealer with DMG.
3. Argentina was the first Mercedes Benz factory outside Germany.
4. Karnataka based Road transport corp. -KSRTC and BMTC were the first one to introduce Mercedes Benz as their public transportation unit in India.
5. ‘A replacement for the horse’ was the tagline used to advertise the first patent car from Benz which was apparently the first ever car in the world.
6. The Mercedes Simplex 40 hp is the oldest existing Benz since 1902, which is placed at Mercedes Benz museum at Stuttgart.
7. Wilhelm Maybach, Companion Daimler who built the first “Mercedes” is known as the “King of Constructors”.
Famous Ad Campaign:
Mercedes’ new ad campaign for the new versions of the SL, SLK and CLS is called The Culture of Driving that focuses not on a particular model, but the brand itself.