What is Audi: Audi is the oldest German manufacturer of range of automobiles, known for its stylish design and panache. Audi produces Superminis to crossover SUVs in various style and designs.
Parent Company: Audi is the premium brand of Volkswagen AG
Subsidiaries & Brands: Audi do Brasil e Cia, Audi Hungaria Motor Kft., Audi Senna Ltda, Automobili Lamborghini Holding S.p.A are some of the major subsidiaries of Audi.
Audi 80, Audi 90, Audi 100, Audi A series, Audi S4 are the widely sold Audi models.
History: August Horch initially found his company A Horch & Cie in the year 1899, but owing to a dispute with the board he then separated and established Audi in Zwickau on July 16, 1909. The first Audi automobile was Audi Type, Sport-Phaeton, produced in 1910
1. The Audi emblem of the four rings denotes the amalgamation of four previously independent automobile manufacturers: Audi, DKW, Horch and Wanderer. The logo was designed by Rayan Abdullah
2. Audi’s corporate tagline is Vorsprung durch Technik, literally translates to “Progress through Technology” while the tagline in US is “Truth in Engineering”
3. Audi is a strong partner of various sports/Sports club like Manchester United, FC Barcelona, AC Milan and Ajax Amsterdam.
4. Audi’s European commercial features an impersonator of Elvis Presley and a prototypical dashboard figure named “Wackel-Elvis” depicting the smooth ride in Audi.
5. Audi is the first carmaker to develop a home space in Playstation Home featureing an Audi TV Channel that delivers video content.
6. Audi in collaboration with the Japanese electronic giant Sanyo would develop hybrid electric project where Audi electric cars would use Sanyo batteries.
7. Justin Timberlake has been the brand ambassador for Audi since 2010, who was seen promoting the A1 premium compact.
Famous Ad Campaign:
One of the Audi commercials- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=350tD8E7htM