Brand: Christian Louboutin
What is Christian Louboutin: It is a high-end woman’s shoe brand designed by a French footwear designer who goes by the same name.
History: Christian Louboutin, the designer, was born in the year 1963. A prohibiting sign that banned women from wearing high heels to the museum as it would damage the floor was the inspiration behind designing high heel shoes for women. Louboutin began sketching shoes in his early teens.
Christian worked under Roger Vivier before he founded his brand. Louboutin was a freelance shoe designer for some time. He did some work for Chanel and Yves Saint Laurent during the 1980’s. He launched his own company in November 1991 under his own name.
1) Shiny red soles are his signature style. He has even filed an application for U.S. trademark protection of this red sole design. His employees red nail polish was the inspiration behind the red soles of his shoes.
2) His famous customers include Victoria Beckham, Jennifer Lopez, Oprah, Nicole Kidman, Madonna and Sarah Jessica Parker.
3) Jennifer Lopez has a song called “Louboutins” in her album “Love”.
4) As brides-to-be required “something blue”, Christina Louboutin shoes were available with baby blue soles for a short time.
5) Christian Louboutin briefly left the fashion industry to work as a landscape designer after his stint with Roger Vivier.
6) Though each Christian Louboutin Boutique is different, each was designed and decorated by Louboutin himself.
7) His red sole design is the inspiration behind the “Louboutin Manicure” – painting the underside of the nail red and the top black.