What is Chevrolet: Also known as, Chevy is a brand of vehicles produced by General Motors Company (GM).
Brands: Chevrolet is the wholly subsidiary of General motors Co. that was acquired to sell mainstream vehicles to compete with Ford’s T Model.
Corvette– Sports cars, Malibu– Mid size cars, Chevelle are the major brands of Chevrolet.
History: Founded by Louis Chevrolet and expelled GM founder William C. Durant in 1911 as Chevrolet Motor Car Company. Later acquired by General Motors Company. Chevrolet Classic Six (Series C) was the first ever Chevrolet designed by Etienne Planche.
1. Chevrolet first used its “Bowtie emblem” logo in 1913 designed from wallpaper Durant once saw in a French hotel; Later stylized the Swiss cross, in honor of the homeland of Chevrolet’s parents.
2. Chevrolet brands in India was launched by GM’s India operations- Originally a joint venture with Hindustan Motors.
3. Chevrolet is the sole Engine supplier for the Formula Rolon single seater series in India.
4. “Excellence for Everyone” is the present tagline of Chevrolet (2011)
5. William Durrant assembled these three companys to form Chevrolet: The Little Motor Car Company; The Mason Motor
Company; The Republic Motor Company.
6. Saif ali Khan and Rani Mukerjee are the brand ambassadors of mid size Chevrolet Aveo, in India.
7. General Motors permitted AJS-Production, South Africa to register under Louis Chevrolet trademark for its line of premium quality Swiss Watches in order to pay tribute to Louis Chevrolet, the founder.
Louis Chevrolet: Louis Chevrolet , founder of Chevrolet General Motors best selling brand, was born in 1878. He won his place in the International Motorsport Hall of Fame and the national Sprint car Hall of Fame as well as Motorsports Hall Of Fame in America. He later died in 1941.
Famous Ad Campaign:
Chevrolet has many ad campaigns under its banner, The Chevrolet Spark; Chevrolet Super bowl commercial “Ain’t we got one” being the famous one.