What is GUCCI: Gucci is a high fashion and leather goods label from Italy, known for its luxury handbags, shoes and small leather goods for men and women
Euronext Ticker: PP -after the parent company- Pinault-Printemps-Redoute (PPR)
History: The House of Gucci, or Gucci , an Italian haute couture establishment was founded by Guccio Gucci in Florence in 1921. Gucci later expanded the company to include stores in Milan and Rome as well as additional shops in Florence from 1953.
1. Gucci logo is “facing double interlocking Gs”, actually featuring Guccio Gucci’s initials.
2. In 1998, Guinness World Records cited the Gucci “Genius Jeans” as the most expensive pair of Jeans in existence. These distressed, ripped jeans were offered for sale for US$3,134 in Milan.
3. GUCCI is the first high end leather label to design leather accessories for pets.
4. Jakie Onassis, Sophia Loren, Rock Hudson, Duchess of Windsor, Sidney Poitier, Andrey Hepburn, Andrew Peacock, Kim Novak, Elizabeth Taylor, Clark Gable, John Wayne, Jack Nicholson, Madonna, Elizabeth Hurley, Gwen Steffani, Jessica Simpson, Lars Ulrich – Metallica, Mark Wahlberg are the faces of Gucci and have been associated with the brand strappingly.
5. Gucci designed handbags of cotton canvas rather than leather during World War II because of material shortages.
6. Gucci is one of the brands mentioned in Bryan Adams’ popular song – ‘The only thing that looks good on me is You!!’
Famous Ad Campaign:
Gucci has launched various ad campaigns for different products.