Brand: Domino’s Pizza
What is Domino’s Pizza: Domino’s is an international pizza delivery corporation headquartered in Michigan, United States.
Founders: Tom Monaghan
History of Domino’s : n 1960, Tom Monaghan and his brother, James, purchased DomiNick’s, a small pizza store in Ypsilanti, Michigan. Eight months later, James traded his half of the business to Tom for a used Volkswagen Beetle.
1) Tom bought 50% of Domino’s from his brother in return for a used Volkswagen Beetle.
2) The three dots in the Domino’s Pizza logo represents the first three stores of DPZ that had opened
3) The company logo was originally planned to add a new dot with the addition of every new store, but this idea quickly faded as Domino’s experienced rapid growth
4) Domino’s faced a lawsuit by Amstar Corporation, maker of Domino Sugar for trademark infringement
5) A Domino’s employee rang the opening bell at NYSE when the shares started trading in 2004.
6) Domino’s had a 30-slice, yard long pizza called ‘The Dominator’
7) Famous for their 30-minute guarantee, Domino’s stopped the offer in the 1990s because of the “public perception of reckless driving and irresponsibility”, according to Monaghan but was reinstated in 2007 with a new slogan – ‘You Got 30 Minutes’
8) The Noid was an advertising character for Domino’s Pizza, created in 1986. He was a villainous red-suited character with red rabbit ears who attempted to ruin Domino’s pizza but was constantly thwarted.
9) The Noid was created by advertising agency Group 243 and was animated by Will Vinton Studios
10) Commercial used slogans ‘Avoid the Noid!’ . Even a computer game with the same name was released in 1989!