– Is one of the most popular condom brands in the world
The story began in 1915 when L.A Jackson founded London Rubber Company. He established the company in a small room in London . The Durex trademark was registered in 1929.
The company changed its name to London International Group. It merged with Seton Scholl in 1999 to form SSL International. Durex was sold to Reckitt Benckiser in July 2010 from SSL.
Brand Name : The brandname is a portmanteau of “Durability, Reliability, and Excellence”
1) The brand stands for “Durability, Reliability, and Excellence” and not Durable Latex as is guessed by most people.
2) Their condoms account for a quarter of a latex products sold in the world!!
3) Their most popular brands are: Play, Avanti, Performa , Colors & Scents, Extra Sensitive and Rainbow Colors.
4) The website – www.durex.com is one of the largest in the world with 46 country sites making it as large as Yahoo.
5) A Condom can hold over 40 litres of air and lift over 7 kilos of weight!!
1) They heavily targets young people, using youth media such as MTV, the Internet, free samples on campuses, and sponsoring youth events.
2) Another way it creates interest in its brand and guarantees press attention is by publishing its annual sex survey.
Their most famous ad is the one they launched on Father’s Day, shown below:
Durex is one of the most Popular Brands in the world