Find below prelims questions from the Landmark 2011 quiz held in Mumbai. (Downloadable format)
Thanks to the QM-Dr. Navin Jayakumar for sharing the quiz
You can download the questions here : Landmark Quiz 2011 Mumbai Prelims
Some questions from the prelims:
1. In 1956 Potti Sriramulu the Telugu nationalist fasted to death, an event that led to the reorganisation of states on a linguistic basis. In 1960, members of Samyukta Maharashtra Samiti were fired upon when they gathered in Bombay for a demonstration. The protests eventually led to the creation of the modern state of Maharashtra. What was the former name of the spot where this demonstration took place?
2. On 29th September 2010 Ranjana Sonawane of Tembhli village in Maharashtra became the first person in India to receive what during the launch of an important all-India project?
3. Which planet’s poisonous atmosphere has been described as the product of a “runaway greenhouse effect”?
4. The death of Princess Diana on 31st August 1997 led to a collective outpouring of grief around the world. Which global Indian’s death that same week became a footnote to the fulsome obituaries written for Diana in the world’s newpapers?
5. What substance forms when hydrogen burns in air?
For the complete set, download here: Landmark Quiz 2011 Mumbai Prelims