What is McDonalds: Is the world’s largest chain of hamburger fast food restaurants, serving millions of customers daily.
NYSE Ticker: MCD
Subsidiaries: McD held a minority interest in Pret A Manger until 2008, was a major investor in the Chipotle Mexican Grill until 2006 and owned the restaurant chain Boston Market until 2007.
McDonalds began in 1940, with a restaurant opened by brothers Richard and Maurice McDonald in San Bernardino, California. Although the present corporation dates its founding to the opening of a franchised restaurant by Ray Kroc in 1955.
1) The McDonalds brothers started the “Speedee Service System” in 1948 which established the principles of the modern fast-food restaurant.
2) Speedee was the mascot of McDonalds before Ronald McDonalds
3) Ronald McDonald is modelled to be the Chief Happiness Officer of McD… His creation is beleived to revolve around Willard Scott.
4) Ronald McDonald is the second most recognizable character in the world, only after Santa Claus.
5) The word McJob – is considered a derogatory term and used to describe a low-skill, low pay job.
6) The Economist newspaper uses the “Big Mac Index”: the comparison of a Big Mac’s cost in various world currencies can be used to informally judge these currencies’ purchasing power parity.
7) Thomas Friedman once said that no country with a McDonald’s had gone to war with another and called it ‘The Golden Arches Theory of Conflict Prevention’. However, this theory is not strictly true. Exceptions are the 1989 United States invasion of Panama, NATO’s bombing of Serbia in 1999, the 2006 Lebanon War, and the 2008 South Ossetia war.
Famous Ad Campaign:
The ‘I’m loving it’ campaign is called ‘ich liebe es’ in Germany , c’est tout ce que j’aime in French, me encanta in Spanish. This can be noted on the Coke cups provided at their outlets.
McDonald’s is one of the most recognized Brands in the world