Diptakirti Chaudhuri has been very kind to share The Feluda Quiz that he had hosted on his popular blog- Calcutta Chromosome . Enjoy the questions!
1. Feluda stays on Rajani Sen Road. Where does Sidhu Jyatha stay?
2. a. What was the name of the film which was based on Jatayu’s novel, Bombaiyer Bombetey?
2. b. In which Calcutta cinema did the film complete a silver jubilee run?
3. Captain Spark has a dwarf assistant. What’s his name and nickname?
4. When (For what) did Feluda first come to Lucknow?
5. Who is the villain of the story – Feluda-r shongey Kashi-tey (In Kashi, with Feluda)?
6. Apart from Gupi Gayin Bagha Bayin, which is the only other Satyajit Ray film that is mentioned in a Feluda story?
7. Dungru. Joychand Boral. Rudrasekhar. What’s common?
8. In Ghurghutiyar Ghatona, what was combination code for opening the safe?
9. In which US University did Nihar Ranjan Dutta conduct his researches in Biochemistry?
Bonus points if you can name the font used by the University for their stationery.
10. Despite being carnivorous, polar bears don’t eat penguins. Why? And which Feluda story tells you the answer?
So, here are the answers:
1. Sardar Shankar Road. Everybody seems to have got this one.
2. a. Jet Bahadur
2. b. Paradise. To celebrate, Jatayu bought his car – a second-hand Mark II Ambassador (green).
3. Khudiram Rakshit – who is called Khude (literally, small) Raxit or simple, Raxit. What a wonderful pun!
4. He came to play cricket, as a spinner for Calcutta University.
5. This is a bit of an unfair googly – though many spotted it. This is not really a Feluda story but Satyajit Ray’s recounting of the incidents during the shooting of Joi Baba Felunath in Benaras.
6. Not answered by anybody. In Robertson-er Ruby, they discuss the rocky face of Western Bengal and mention it as the place where Abhijan is shot. Here’s a poster (showing the place)!
7. They are the three narrators of portions that are unseen by Topshe – in Hatyapuri, Golapi Mukto Rahasya and Tintoretto-r Jishu respectively.
8. 188.8.131.52.184.108.40.206 (is the Bengali version). But two people have the same answer (340910), which leads me to think that the code was probably changed in translation.
9. Michigan University. And the font is Garamond, which is a vital clue.
10. This is another cheap shot (typical of an erstwhile quizmaster, whose first name rhymes with that of GreatBong). Of course, polar bears don’t eat penguins because they are ‘poles apart’. That, penguins are found in the South Pole is revealed in Dr Munshi-r Diary. That story (or any other one) has no mention of polar bears!
You can see the original Post here. Once again, thanks a lot Diptakirti..