Sneha Ranjan from Tata Steel who is a BIT-Mesra Alumnus has shared with us the review and questions from the Jamshedpur Edition. Thank you very much Sneha.
Find below Sneha’s review:
The Quizzing was a regular affair here at jsr with as many as 80 teams turning up being a Saturday.The questions were workable and easy compared to the other towns hosting it uptill now.The cutoff was somewhere around 12-13 in prelims of 20 questions.
The stage had 3 teams from TATA Motors( first time motors outnumbering TATA STEEL on stage)and 2 teams from TATA STEEL and 1 from TELCON.
After a rivetting and roller coster show the untenable winners of the jsr tata track were Shankha Mishra and E.G Khan from TATA STEEL.
The runners-up were the very Mr.Mohit and Mr.Nirmal also from TATA STEEL
The audience (that included me ) turn out was ardent and there were practically no questions unanswered by the house.A special mention to the Loyola School Kids who were an outstanding audience and gave Pickbrain some food for thought to start with a Crucible school round.
Some questions from the prelims here:
For images of all questions, please visit Sneha’s Q-BIT post
1) Which word in the current business world what is derived from latin for “patere” meaning to lay open? Patent
2) Which retail giant is Asda in UK and Seiyu in japan? Walmart
3) The chairman of Mahindra and Mahindra landed up in trouble because of his association with Bhopal Gas Tragedy? Keshubhai Mahindra
4) Logo of
5) Who according to forbes is the richest African American ?(hint:a lady from entertainment) Oprah Winfrey
6) Which antiseptic cream was started by launched in 1929 in Kolkata by GOUMOHAN DUTTA a Bengali merchant? Boroline
7) Which organisation has the catchline “edge is efficiency”? BSE
8) Signifies what
9) Who designed the logo MRF tyres?(very famous in advertising) Alyque Padamsee
10) Amitabh Bachchan has lent his voices to many ads..(but its has always been sung by voice-likes).The first ad he sang was for a company in 2009.which company? Himani navratna tel
11) Which ketchup company had a tagline “weight watchers”? heinz
12) He came up with a publishing house(with a cute name) and changed from hard bound covers to paper back.which company? Penguin publishing
13) What resulted Maastricht treaty in the year 1992? Euro Currency
14) Which clothes brand often mistaken as an international brand actually is an INDIAN
Brand known as Charlie clothing company initially? Is publicised by the symbol K. Koutons
15)which calendar started in 1964 was brought as a sensational one by one of very famous tyre companies?(the tyre company even wanted to patent the smell of the tyre manufactured by it) Pirelli
16)what is this a joint venture of Microsoft and HP called ? Slate
17)logo of google wave
18)kamasutra is a 50:50 joint venture between 2 companies. One is J.K ANSELL pharmaceuticals.the other?? Raymonds
19)which Indian online travel company started online holiday reservation packages with a DESIRE to bring people back home to India? Aarzoo.com
20) photo of C.B Bhave
Wondering how to Prepare for Tata Crucible?? Download the free ebook on How To Prepare for Tata Cruciblehere