Thanks to Jayakumar G.B, we have the questions from the Chennai Edition of Tata Crucible. Pls find the prelims questions below.
The Chennai Round of Tata Crucible 2010 was won by Madras Metallurgical- Gopal Kidao and partner, followed by Irevna and Sanmar
TATA CRUCIBLE 2010 – CORPORATE EDITION – CHENNAI PRELIMS Q&A:
1. What meaning “little bits of gold” in Spanish was introduced by Alex Foods in 1964? (Hint given: Alex Foods was later acquired by Frito Lays)
2. What is the name of the Venture capital fund started by Infosys N.R.Narayana Murthy from a Tamil Root word?
3. Complete this Quote by Coco Chanel: I want to give women….. a scent that smells like a _________ not like a flower.
4. In the year 2000, which film personality did “LEGO” teamed up to create the movie maker set for children?
Ans: Steven Speilberg
5. Which entrepreneur initial stands for “Gorur Ramasamy Iyengar”?
Ans: Capt. GR Gopinath
6. Which company (retailing) is known for introducing “Blue light Specials” as they occurred at surprise moments when store worker would light up a mobile police light & offer a discount in a specific department of the store?
7. Which Tobacco company’s crest features the word “Veni, Vidi, Vici” meaning “I came, I saw, I conquered”?
Ans: Philip Morris
8. Based on the patented invention created by Clyde J. Coleman & Charles F. Kettering, what was first installed in “Cadillac” in 1911? Later on, it was also introduced in two-wheelers?
Ans: Self starter / Electric starter
9. What started out as a cable television channel called “pinwheel” then changed to “orange splat”?
10. What was unveiled by Steve Ballmer on May 28, 2009 at D: All Things Digital Conference hosted by the Wall Street Journal?
11. Who became the youngest ambassador of the United Nations “World food programme” in 2004?
Ans: Football player Kaka
12. Which brand you would associate with Ashok Kumar, Shami Kumar & Saeed Jaffrey advertised at various times?
Ans: Pan Parag
13. Tax introduced in 1535 by King Henry VIII of England & in 1705 by Tsar Peter I of Russia. (Hint: Applicable only to males)
Ans: Beard Tax
14. Which watchmaker company was founded in 1853 by Charles-Felicien along with his son Charles-Emile?
15. Which company was known as “company Bahadur” in India?
Ans: East India Company
16. If you are TBTF in credit market, where you lower your risk and add more attractive investment. What is TBTF?
Ans: Too Big to Fail
17. This statue in Venice is an inspiration for?
18. ‘Grrr! Magazine’ for kids is brought out by which organization founded by Ingrid Newkirk & Alex Pacheco?
19. Designed by fragrance experts, which product is inspired by the West Indies cricket team’s victory sign – the high five – which they liberally flashed & popularized on the cricket field? (Hint: Manufactured by CavinKare)
20. Star Health Insurance company became the 1st ever Indian company to provide Insurance to which particular group of people?
Ans: HIV Positive
21. Identify this business personality. (Hint: Big name in Infrastructure sector)
Ans: Jaiprakash Gaur
22. Identify this marketing guru.
Ans: Seth Godin
23. Identify the logo. (Hint: Coffee chain in India)
24. Which company has the distribution rights for this movie? (“Thillalangadi” – Tamil Movie poster shown)
Ans: Sun Pictures
25. Coin released on what occasion?
Ans: World Tamil COnference