MegaWhats is a quiz designed to answer the question `Which is India’s best open quizzing team?’.
The operative word here is `open’; anybody can form a team to participate, and any team can win. The syllabus, to preempt the obvious question, is surprise.
The quiz will be held across nine cities simultaneously. Apart from Bangalore, we have tentative venue confirmations from Chennai, Hyderabad, Goa, Thrissur, Mumbai, Pune, New Delhi and Kolkata. More information on venues soon.
The venue in Bangalore is The Institute of Agricultural Technologists, Queen’s Road.
Date: Sunday, 13 December 2009
1. General quiz, open to all.
2. Teams of FOUR members (or less).
3. Prior registration is essential.
4. To register, please email email@example.com with Mega-Whats 2009 and the city you are competing from in the subject-header.
5. Please provide the names of the four people who comprise your team in the email–also indicate whether you are taking part in the school or open categories
6. Email registrations will close on Sunday 6th December 2009. Centre coordinators will allow entries after the cut-off date at their discretion.
7. Please note that the quizzing community in your city may charge an entry fee to meet venue and equipment hire expenses.
8. The school category is open only to teams comprising students from Std. VIII-X .
9. School teams ( Std. VIII-X) are allowed free entry. A school may field a maximum of TWO teams (of four members each)
10. Please report by 1430hrs at the venue in your city. The quiz will start at 1500hrs (sharp) and end by 1730hrs.
11. Contesting teams will answer a quiz of six sections and about sixty questions, inclusive of audios, videos and visuals.
12. Answers and scores will be announced on the same day–prizes will be given out for Best School Team and Best Open Team.
13. The prizes are small–Rs. 250 x4 for the Open and School winners.
14. We will also announce a national winner and rank the top 100 teams across the country–this list will go up by the 25th of December.
15. The rankings will be announced after adjudication. The decision of the quiz-master will be final and binding on all participants.
For more details, please call 97312-14519