A well balanced prelim, a brilliant final: very well researched content and a very innovative round and to top all this 8 teams comprising only National finalists!
Mitesh’s quiz gave the 150+ audience a splendid reason to spend a rainy Sunday evening watching , inarguably, one of the best quizzes of recent times.
Quiz Bowl ’09 , organized by Icfai Business School Bangalore drew quiz veterans from Mumbai, Chennai and Bangalore.
The prelim was a nice set of 36 questions which even included a Short Visual COnnect giving the participants a feel of the finals to come.
With a cut off of 22, the 8 star studded teams were as follows:
1) Amit Didolkar (Sun) + Naveen Giles (FICO)
2) Tanmay Prusty(ITC) + Pradeep Ramrathnam (HUL)
3) Shubham Roy (CTS) + Venkatesh (CTS)
4) Gunaseelan(Onmobile) + Prasad Shetty (Kotak)
5) Anish Raju(Nokia) + Aravindh R(Nokia)
6) Jayakanthan(TCS) + Gopal Kidao(MMS)
7) Anustup Dutta (Vertibrand) + Harish Rao(Simple Eqn)
8) Ajay Kasargod (Yahoo) + Tejaswi Udupa (Yahoo)
The final was completely on First Strike Fairplay (which is now popular in the Bangalore UG circuit). The most striking round was the innovative Anagram round, which had 4 sets of 2 questions back to back, answers to which were anagrams. Eg: AVIS-VISA
The quiz also had a dedicated Acer round, which was won by Shubham (An Acer laptop was the prize).
Result: Team 3- Shubham and Venkatesh won the quiz followed by Yahoo and Team 7..
In short, a fantastic quiz and hoping to see more from Mitesh.
Have a look at the complete prelims below: