BEQ Bangalore was a fun filled event with Derek at his ‘unusual’ best. Good jokes interspersing good content. Tough battle for the title till the wire, but a composed IBM team won the Bangalore Edition. The other three teams in close contention till the last question were Kotak, Yahoo and Nokia.
Cisco (Madhukar & Sri)
IBM (Lahar & Sumantro)
Kotak (Prasad Shetty)
Nokia (Anish Raju & Arvind Ramaih)
Yahoo! (Tejaswi & Ajay Kasargod)
1) In 2001, Canara Bank opened Bangalore’s first of its kind branch to cater exclusively to?
2) The idea of using an ___ ___ in the automation industry came from the process adopted at the armour and swift meat packing.
Ans: Assembly Line
3) What is the longest running musical on Broadway?
Ans: Phantom of the Opera
4) Some commercial airlines have a three man cockpit- The Captain, First Officer and?
And: Flight Engineer
5) Which MNC’s inhouse production company in the UK is named ‘Glass and a half full productions’?
6) Who uses an armoured Cadillac codenamed ‘Stagecoach’?
Ans: Barack Obama
7) In 1948, which brand was launched when Josephine Esther Mentzer first got counter space on Fifth Avenue?
Ans: Estee Lauder
8) Walker, Nasty and Podium are brands of ___ manufactured in Bellary?
9) Which actor is the brand ambassador of the newly launched Fanta Apple?
Ans: Genelia D’Souza
10) In the 1920s, which product obtained from a raw material white in colour was dubbed ‘white gold’?
11) In 1923, Frank Parrson applied for a patent dor a frozen ice stick called?
12) Which board member of Godfrey Philips is also a high profile gentleman from Rajasthan?
Ans: Lalit Modi
13) What originated at Sian, followed by the Great Wall of China, bypassed Takla Makan desert, climbed the Pamir and crossed Afgan?
Ans: Silk Route
14) In 1944, the handwritten copy of which scientist’s work on Electrodynamics was sold for 6 million dollars to finance the war?
15) In the 1926 British budget, which British Chancellor of Exchequer introduced a tax on betting?
Ans: Winston Churchill
16) Which concept was coined by Jay Conrad Levinson?
Ans: Guerilla Marketing
17) In a Lok Sabha election, what is the security deposit a candidate has to pay?
Ans: Rs 10,000
18) This year Mattel has modelled Barbie on?
Ans: Angela Merkel
19) FICO score was developed by Fair Isaac & Co. What does it score?
20) Edge wrist watches from Titan set new word standard for?
21)Sockeye, Coho, the King, the pink etc are types of?
22) The dutch word for Master inspired which four letter English word which is used in office?
23) After a strike by Toyota workers in 1950, they were given lifetime employment. Manager Taiichi Ohno developed ways to up efficiency without cutting jobs. What?
24) In the US, extra long twin, eastern king and Olympia queen are sizes of?
25) Some of India’s top technological institutes recently collaborated to produce Saksat available at Rs 500. What is Sakshat?
Ans: Low cost PC
26) Pic of a ‘world famous’ street
27) Logo of
Ans: Chennai Superkings
28) Photo of Board of Directors of which Indian institution?
Ans: Reserve Bank of India
29) Ad campaign. Id advertiser
Ans: Tommy Hilfiger