Aiyyyooooo!!!! Raama Raama!!!
Its me again!! I’m always at the receiving end 🙂 Wondering whats going on??
My Bustle Corporate Quiz Review has stirred a controversy, again!!
The Quizmasters across the country seem to be following my blog very intently- I wonder if they constitute half of the hits on my page.. Anyway, my above said review has been read by QM Dr Sumanth and has been extremely kind to express his views about it too. You can find his esteemed reply here.
My response shall be crisp and simple
* Well, I’m sure the audience had great fun.. There was pretty much nothing else for them to do. 🙂
* It was pleasant to see all the questions missed by the finalists being answered by the audience, maybe the audience at a certain level knew more than the finalists 🙂
* Regarding SLR, I checked the official site I did not find a full form, the two links provided need not be accurate but as the case is I was wrong , so apologies
* What about the buzzer round?? This was definitely the first time I saw a buzzer being pressed before the question was shown. It doesn’t stop there- the question is actually displayed after this and the team that buzzed gets a shot at the question. Wonder how this would fair in a BEQ or TC?
* Plagiarism et al.. Well, quizzing has always been open source- online groups are a database to possibly the best questions ever created (including live quizzes). Let me just reiterate that groups and blogs are an outlet for one’s passion; we all do it from the sheer love of it. No money involved, maybe a bit of fame- thats all. Its not right to pick up questions. I do think people should not over-react about questions repeating but I feel a quizmaster should note that when he is being paid to conduct a quiz, people expect good content and more importantly relative original content, than a huge chunk picked from one site/blog..
* My review was vicious?? Would we prefer diplomacy? I guarantee you that the feedback forms if read properly would echo my opinion. But as clearly mentioned in the disclaimer of this blog- All opinions are mine and solely mine. This is exactly what I felt.
* Well, atleast the best team(s) won!! Maybe this was only because it was Chennai- probably the quizzing capital of the country now!
Anyway, cant rant more. As a very notable Chennai quizzer said- all this is just a waste of virtual ink..