Quiz: Corporate Quiz @ Prashnottari
Date: 01 December 2007
Host: NMIMS, Mumbai
QM: Avinash Mudaliar
1) Until Sept 2005, Gillette owned it. Recently Genpact became its owner. What are we referring to?
Ans: Ticker symbol G on NYSE
2) Atorvastatin is a member of the drug class known as statins, used for lowering cholesterol which inhibits the rate-determining enzyme located in hepatic tissue that produces mevalonate, a small molecule used in the synthesis of cholesterol and other mevalonate derivatives. The most famous brand of this was the largest selling drug in the world for 2006. Which brand?
3) In addition to the audio feedback provided by a generic male or female voice , there are pre-recorded congratulations provided by Lance Armstrong and Paula Radcliffe whenever a user reaches a set milestone. This “celebrity feedback” is heard after the usual end-of-run statistics. Recently, students from the University of Washington discovered that the transmitter of this device gives off radio frequencies that can be read up to 60 feet away using Radio-frequency identification and used this to build a US$250 surveillance device and integrated it with Google Maps. Which device?
4) In an attempt of finding a way of burning down the traditional paperback book business, which company has launched the Kindle, a US$399 handheld device that can download digital books, newspapers, and magazines from the Internet?
5) Sabse Bada Rupaiyya is a show on NDTV India telecast every Sunday evening between 4:30 to 5pm. The show educates viewers on the insurance industry gives tips on personal finance management. Who is the expert host of the show?
Ans: Ritu Nanda
6) Just before the 2004 Olympics at Athens, swimwear company Speedo introduced to the markets ‘The Worlds Fastest Swimsuit’. This is a result of four years of research and development that began at the Natural History Museum, London. What was the inspiration for the design of this suit?
Ans: The Shark Skin
7) This company is offers its user with a new concierge service. It is accessed through a special button, the “Concierge key” provided on the instrument. The service comprises a dedicated team of assistants to help the owner, 24 hours a day, seven days a week. The service also helps the user locate tickets to the theatre, reserve able at a restaurant, make spa appointment and arrange for travel among many other services. Which company?
8) Designed by Chicago architects, Perkins & Will, it is estimated to cost US$1 billion and is inspired by the Hanging Gardens of Babylon. It is expected to be completed by September 2008. It is named after phantom island said to lie in the Atlantic Ocean far to the west of Spain. What are we talking about?
Ans: Antilia, the proposed name for the sixty story (173.12 mt) apartment building presently under construction on Altamount Road, Mumbai for Mukesh Ambani.
9) Following Microsoft Corp’s deal last month to take a 1.6 percent stake in privately held Facebook for $240 million, who invested $60 million into the Facebook on the 30th of November 2007?
Ans: Li Ka Shing
10) It is currently the latest attraction in Lucknow. Complete with kiosks selling beetle leaves and cigarettes and waiters dressed like coolies, this restaurant is a huge hit with food lovers. Guests are served in earthen tea cups and plastic plates. What is it called?
Ans: Lalu Junction
Suggestions & Feedback to: Rohit.email@example.com