For Team Quizkrieg
1) Which commonly used word derives its origin from two greek words Oikou and nomos which means the rule or law of the household.
2) Lumaé, a tea based drink, is aimed at “active and image-conscious” women above the age of 25 who embrace the latest in health and beauty products. Which company is manufacturing it in association with L’oreal?
Ans: Coca Cola
3) In the $1 billion copyright lawsuit, filed in U.S. District Court in New York, Viacom says this website “harnessed technology to willfully infringe copyrights on a huge scale” and had “brazen disregard” of intellectual property laws. Against whom was the lawsuit filed?
Ans: You Tube
4) After their Hear Music operation, which releases the Artists Choice compilation series that features musicians such as Sheryl Crow or The Rolling Stones selecting songs that influenced them, this company is now to expected sign, record and produce its own artists rather than licensing songs from other labels. Which company’s latest diversification plan involves starting a record company?
Ans: Starbucks and Starbucks records. They have already signed Paul McCartney
5) First it was “Low prices, always,” a commitment to the least expensive bottle of laundry detergent. Then it was “Look beyond the basics,” an invitation to try more expensive products like 500-thread-count sheets. This company is now finding its raison d’être in the middle of these two extremes: “Saving people money so they live better lives.” Which very well known company?
Suggestions, feedback and comments to: email@example.com