Domain Expertise Inquisition
23 February 2007
QM: Giri ‘Pickbrain’
1) Arvind mills, one of the foremost producers of denim & jeans- the world is the flagship company of which group?
Ans: Lalbhai Group
2) Which major tyre maker is also famous for its Red & Green travel guides?
Ans: Michelin Tyres
3) Which company gets its name from portions of the words “communication” and broadcast” ?
4) Fredrich Wilhelm August Frobel creating the first of a type ‘education institution’?
5) Globosports, a sports management company run by whom,has signed leading pace bowler Zaheer Khan?
Ans: Mahesh Bhupati
6) Pramod Mittal is currently the owner of which premier Bulgarian football club?
Ans: CSKA Sofia
7) The first foreign exchange transaction in euro was between ABN-AMRO and which other bank?
8) Which company launched a new range of premium car care products called motomax?
9) Pilani investments & industries corporation ltd., is the investment arm of which Indian corporate house?
Ans: AV Birla Group
10) Which company has been given the show cause notice for “its tough being a west Indian in India”, ad campaign?
Ans: Nimbus (Neo Sports)
11) Which latin term is used to refer to duties that are levied on commodities/products as a certain percentage of their price, these are different from specific excise duties that are levied on products?
12) Bernard Arnault is the chairman & CEO of which French clothing retailer?
Ans: Christian Dior
13) Who tells you there is “Fortune at the bottom of the pyramid” ?
Ans: C.K Prahalad
14) Renault has tied with Mahindra & Mahindra in India to release which car?
15) What was the profession of the seven dwarfs in Snow White?
16) If Apple=iPod, then Microsoft=?
17) If you are in the business of importing & exporting Beverlly Hills,Cats head,English Beauty, Lord Nelson etc. what are you doing business in?
18) Dialpad communications Inc,Kelkoo SA, and Ludicorp Research & Development Ltd. Are all subsidiaries of which company?
19) Magicbricks.com is a property portal launched by which company?
Ans: Times Group
20) Which organization primary ad slogan reads “the future for britain”?
Ans: Labour Party
21) Which company owns picasa?
22) Sachin Tendulkar has recently sold his personal rights to the newly formed marketing branch of Saatchi & Saatchi.Name it?
23) Identify this Swedish brand that was founded in 1967 by Jones and Robert af Jochninck?
24) For which event in India between 22 feb & 25 feb would international brands such as Azimuts,Beneteau,Ferretti and Funseeker be seen in action?
Ans: Boats/ Yachts for the race in Mumbai
25) Sir Joseph Lister gave the world which brand?
For details on winners and final questions, click here