Precipice- The Business Quiz
Nimhans Convention Centre (Bangalore)
13 January 2007
1) This company’s global delivery model is branded as ‘Rightshore’. Among its notable acquisitions are Sesa in France and Hoskyns in UK and Volmac in Netherland. Identify the European company?
2) GI Joe, Play-Doh, Tonka Toys, Nerf Balls and Weebles are brands owned by which company?
3) What advertising awards did Wallace Ross found in 1959?
Ans: Clio Awards
4) Complete the slogan “I’d walk a mile for a___________ “
5) What initiative from ITC gets its name from the Hindi word meaning ‘place of gathering’?
6) The forefathers of this high profile politician are professionals in the business of manufacturing of beedi through a company called Sijay tobacco. His family’s other business ventures are called Sijay Finance and Sijay Health. Who?
Ans: Praful Patel
7) PFE is the ticker symbol of which company in NYSE?
8) “American Way” is the in-flight magazine of which American Airline?
Ans: American Airways
9) This banks logo represents growth in a secure environment. The four sides depict a secure environment, while the slash represents growth. Which Bank?
Ans: Deutsche Bank
10) In July 2004, this company launched “Pink”, a lineup of loungewear, sleepwear, and intimate apparel geared towards college undergraduates. In 2006, Ashlee Simpson was named as the spokes model for Pink, making it the first time that a non-fashion model is a spokesperson of any of its brands. Which company?
Ans: Victoria’ Secret
11) This company founded in 1989, gets its name from a whimsical combination of the first and last syllabus of the home country and city of two of the founders, John Patterson and Dileep Nath. Identify
12) Patty Stonesifer is the CEO of which foundation headquartered in Seattle, USA?
Ans: Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation
13) The proposed name for this institution was ‘Imperial university’ which was not selected. The Maharaja of Mysore laid the foundation stone in 1911. How do we know it today?
Ans: Indian Institute of Science
14) Which paints company launched a glossy TV serial shade book, which features colours and schemes based on the interior design of soaps like Kasautti Zindagi Kay, Kahaani Ghar Ghar Kii and Shararat. It even roped in Sakshi Tanwar, a popular soap actor to launch the book?
15) Which global home appliance manufacturer has recently launched a new washing machine branded as ‘Sensation’?
16) Complete the title of the book by Hugh Sebag Montefiore, “Kings on the Catwalk: The ________ ___________ and Moet Hennesey Affair” published in 1992?
Ans: Louis Vuitton
17) Which is the first International Airport in India to be built with only a minority Central Government stake?
Ans: Kochi International Airport
18) Bagehot, Charlemagne, Buttonwood, Lexington are all opinion columns of which famous magazine?
Ans: The Economist
19) Tony Turbo was a car devised by which company to be used in its brand promotions?
“ She would never say where she came from
Yesterday don’t matter if its gone
While the sun is bright
Or in the darkest night
No one knows
She comes and goes
Goodbye, ________ ___________
Who could hang a name on you?
When yoy change with every new day
Still I’m gonna miss you… “
This Rolling stone song lends its name to a famous restaurant chain. Identify
Ans: Ruby Tuesday
Suggestions, feedback and comments to: email@example.com