1) A Victorian publican by the name of Will Ritson used to boast of owning a Foxhound-Golden Eagle crossbreed, which could jump over the tallest dry stonewalls. He is today felicitated on the third Thursday of every November at the Bridge Inn (Wasdale, Cumbria, England) by means of an event. Every participant is given between 2-5 mins. Interestingly, politicians and legal practitioners are forbidden from entering the ‘Felicitation’. What are we talking about?? (Kinda workable)
Answer: Ritson used to boast of his cross breed, which was a complete hoax and is thus credited with starting The Biggest Liar in the World Competition!!
2) Walther P99 and PPK, Spirit 54 yacht; Sony Vaio; Sony Ericsson; Aston Martin DS5, Ford Mondeo MkIV, Fiat WI90 bulldozer, Alstom Pendolino CD 860 Train; Armani, Brioni Roma, Turnbull & Asser, La Perla; Gordon’s gin, Smirnoff Vodka, Kina Lillet. Connect.
Answer: All product placements in the New James Bond movie: Casino Royale
Leather jacket- Armani; Suit-Brioni; Handmade Shirts- Turnbull & Asser; Lingerie and swimsuit- La Perla etc…(Personal Comment: Must watch for Bond enthusiasts)
3) Isaiah Triforce Johnson had been waiting in line outside a store for more than a week wearing a Power Glove (a wearable controller that came out in 1989). He also shook hands with the company’s American head after buying the first XXX. Johnson said he had legally changed his middle name to a reference in the ‘Zelda’ series of games. What was he the first to buy in America?
Answer: Nintendo Wii, launched in the US 2 days after Sony’s Playstation 3. Nintendo Wii (codenamed Revolution) is the successor to Nintendo GameCube and competes with Sony PS3 and Microsoft XBox
4) The old fable about a Chinese sailor rewarding a Malayali family with Chinese Utensils full of gold and jewellery with gold coins for their honesty gives the South Indian a popular utensil name. What?[Sorry for the Linguistic bias on this one, Bangalore takes its toll ;)]
Answer: Cheena Chatti (wok) and Cheena Bharani (jar)
5) Introduced as a replacement for the Excel in 1995, it continued to be called so in Netherlands and Australia. In France, it was known as the Pony. Marketed by Daimler Chrysler in Mexico, it is called Dodge Attitude. Puerto Rico knows it as Brio.
How do we know it in India?
Answer: In India, it is known as the Hyundai Verna, sold in certain countries as the Hyundai Accent too. More details here
Suggestions, feedback and comments to: firstname.lastname@example.org