1) Rocawear is an urban clothing label created in 1999 by Damon Dash & Mr X, the heads of the Roc-a-Fella Records label.
Rocawear has clothing lines and accessories for men, women and children. The line was taken over by Mr X in early 2006 because of a falling out with cofounder Damon Dash.
Identify Mr X, popular in a completely different field.
Ans: Jay-Z, the Hip Hop star
2) The concept dates back to 6500 years ago in Greece when women used it. Initially known as aspodesmos or mastodenton it was just a band of cloth that was used. The first prototype was patented in 1859 by Henry Lesher of New York to ‘give a symmetrical rotundity’. But it was Herminie Cadolle of France who made the first modern design in 1889. The history of what is being discussed?
Ans: Brassieres more popularly known as Bras 😉
3) If you used the following to make a drink, what would you end up with?
Water, Sucrose, glucose, sodium citrates, carbon dioxide, taurine, glucuronolacontone, caffeine, inositol, niacin, pantothenic acid, caramel, riboflavin and of course flavorings.
Ans: Red Bull, I thought taurine was a direct give away
4) The first ___________ was a tricycle manufactured by Starley & Sutton Co in 1883. The company was founded by John Kemp Starley and William Suton in 1878. Starley had formerly worked with his uncle James Starley (father of the cycle trade) who began in manufacturing sewing machines and switched to bicycles in 1869. Which company (in the news not too long back for the wrong reasons) are we discussing?
5) It derives its name from the fact that it uses short wavelength laser to read and write to the chalcogenide disc. This enables more information to be stored digitally in the same amount of space. What?
Ans: The now famous Blu- ray discs, which use shorter wavelength Blue-violet lasers (405nm)
6) This brand was introduced by R.A Pattersin in 1871 as a cut plug chewing tobacco and later a cigarette. In 1905, the company was acquired by American Tobacco Company and later proved to be its only answer to R.J Reynolds’ Camel.
One of their famous slogans is: _____ _______separates the men from the boys….but not from the girls.Which cigarette Brand?
Ans: Lucky Strike
7) This institution believes to be dedicated to “ promoting democracy and sustainability”
Headquartered in New Delhi, it has been very much in the news recently. Which organization?
Ans: Centre for Science and Environment, headed by Sunita Narain, which was in the thick of the Cola Pesticide issue
Comments, Suggestions and feedback to: email@example.com
Meet me on Orkut